- S4 / T3 / N6 National Diploma for Technicians (Instrumentation), or N6 Diploma (Instrumentation)
- Instrument trade test certificate obtained from either Central Organization for Trade Testing or Mining Industry Engineering Trades Training Board (Not Essential if in Possession of a National Diploma or registered with ECSA as a PR.Tech.Eng).
- Minimum of 2-year Instrumentation experience related to Measurement and Control environment. obtained as Instrument Mechanician before obtaining his qualification as above.
- The person must also have the basic knowledge and experience gained during P1 and P2 period of his practical training (for the S3/4-Courses)
- Manage people effective ,communicate to all levels of management and run small projects, must be computer literate and able to use SAP
- Monitor and improve existing process control installations and uphold and improve existing standards.
- Perform standby duties.
Must be able to install, remove and maintain various instrumentation and have knowledge of the basic principle of operation of such instruments and practices stated below. Process Control and Instrumentation
Ø Pressure Measurement. Pressure Transmitter, Pressure switches
Ø Temperature Measurement. Thermocouples, Rtd's, Thermistors, Pyrometers
Ø Flow Measurement, Flow switches, Anubars, Pitot tubes, etc.
Ø Magnetic flow meter, Ultrasonic flow meter, Mass-flow ,Open channel flow
Ø Ultrasonic, radiation,
Ø Vibration and Displacement measurement
Ø Control valves. Types, characteristics, applications, material
Ø Actuators. Types, sizing, positioners, limits, material.
Ø Analytical Instrumentation: pH measurement, conductivity.
Ø Analysers: Dust monitors,So2 analysers, CO analyser, etc.
Ø Solenoid valves, types and applications.
Ø Electromechanical Weighers.
Ø Density systems, requirements and hazards.
Ø Loadcell weighing systems. Fundamentals of Process Plant Layout and Design.
Ø Process and instrumentation diagrams
Ø Equipment used in process plantsBasic principles of controls systems
Ø Types of control in closed loops.
Ø PID, Cascade feed forward and combinations of control. Fundamentals of Plc hardware and Software. (Alen Bradley -Essential)
Ø Ladder logic fundamentals.
Ø Advance control fundamentals.
Ø Knowledge on safety of programming systems.
Ø Local area networks and Ethernet.
Ø IEC 61131-3 programming concepts ladder, function blocks ,instruction list etc.Fundamentals of Scada Systems. (InTouch , Rockwell Scada systems)
Ø Scada system development.
Ø HMI Interfacing.
Ø Scada network security, Firewalls
Ø Network technology TCP/IPData communication
- Modbus, Hart, DeviceNet, Profibus, Ethernet
- Modems, Switches ,Routers
- IP Addressing, Routing etc.
Ø Fundamentals of Time Management
Ø Basic Quality, Cost and Risk Management
Ø Fundamentals of Managing People Effectively and
Communicate to all levels of Management