The Links, a private club and the number one golf course in South Africa, is offering an exciting career opportunity for an experienced manager in the Food & Beverage industry to join our team.
The Links is an iconic golfing landmark in South Africa, situated in George, Southern Cape.
As a private club, we offer exclusivity and privacy to all our members. We actively create and curate a world-class experience across all areas of service delivery.
The Food & Beverage Manager at The Links will be instrumental in shaping and delivering a food and hospitality experience that is nothing less than exceptional and luxurious.
We are looking to bring into the team someone who understands a private club environment, who understands and is capable of delivering world-class dining and hosting experiences, and who can develop, lead and implement strategy. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
You will be responsible for the overall food and beverage experience in the Club House, the Halfway House, and the function venue. You will be responsible for the following key deliverables:
- Ensure member and customer relationships are built and supported effectively and is professional, warm and sincere; ensure service is intuitive and feedback is attended to promptly and with empathy;
- Ensure the food offering and service standards are of world-class standards; Create and implement strategies that ensure, and manage the delivery of, overall success in food & beverage operations;
- Ensure both kitchen and front of house run efficiently and that product and service standards are consistently excellent;
- Ensure sound financial, operational and people management practices are implemented and adhered to;
- Ensure stock and OE controls are in place and adhered to;
- Ensure financial management practices, as well as budgeting and strategic planning are understood across the division and that it is meeting profitability targets (budgets, CAPEX projects, forecasting, audits, etc.);
- Ensure strategic plans are in place and delivered on;
- The general day-to-day functions of the division are managed efficiently.
Please note that these are key areas and therefore not an exhaustive list of duties.
KEY QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
This position requires:
KEY COMPETENCIES AND BEHAVIOURS:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in senior management of an award-winning restaurant or exclusive / private club environment.
- Relevant international hospitality management experience will be a great advantage.
- A relevant hospitality and / or F&B management tertiary qualification (minimum of NQF 5) is a requirement;
- Verifiable success in leadership skills across all areas of Food & Beverage strategy development, service delivery (including banqueting experience) and implementation of service standards.
- Working knowledge of the following key managerial operational matters: wine list compilation and management, financial management and reporting, stock and OE controls and management, OHSACT.
- Knowledge of technology (software and hardware) relevant to the F&B Division, accounting and point of sale systems and advanced competency in MS Office are essential. Knowledge of Cimso/Opera/SAP/Blazon/Micros will be hugely beneficial.
The role requires someone who is competent in communicating with internal and external stakeholders at all organisational levels (in writing or verbal), establishing and maintaining constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, making decisions and solving problems, and organising, planning, and prioritising work. The ideal candidate will also be diligent, act with integrity, can practice self-control and has a high stress tolerance, is a team player, can be appropriately assertive.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate competence in terms of the following key work activities:
- Developing operating strategies, plans, or procedures.
- Developing, implementing and upholding service standards and norms
- Efficient staff management, development, training and effective leadership skills
- Financial acumen (knowledge and practical) – budgeting, cost control, financial planning, purchasing, stock management, maintenance, refurbishments, etc.
- Guest service management; customer complaint / problem resolution
If you believe you have suitable experience and qualifications, please apply online. Application Process:Closing date: 26 January 2022Where to apply:
You can apply online at https://www.fancourt.co.za/careers-job-listing/ PLEASE NOTE: The Company’s Employment Equity Plan will be taken into consideration with all appointments. Should you not be contacted within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.