Plan, organise, direct and co-ordinate financial procedures, interventions and programs aimed at optimising profitability and adherence to good corporate governance, while providing timely and relevant management reports to assess performance and aid in decision makingThe key outputs this role contributes to the business:Financial
- Achieves results through others with optimal use of resources
- Gives input into budgeting, monitors cash flow and reporting
- Clearly communicates business values, strategic goals and departmental goals.
- Provide leadership to align financial practices and procedures with agreed objectives and plans.
- Prepare plans, organize, lead and control the financial team to satisfy service level agreements and support the business objectives.
Customers (internal & external)
- Co-ordinate and implement the agreed financial and management reporting procedures and systems.
- Direct, co-ordinate and implement the agreed treasury management procedures and programs.
- Coordinate and develop a pro-active business planning and management control system.
- Implement best practice and established company corporate governance controls, enforce adherence to, and enhance where necessary, internal policies, procedures and systems, and ensure compliance with legislative requirements.
- Direct, co-ordinate, implement and provide input to business risk and control management programs.
- Understand customer needs and supplier contributions to drive operational results
- Provide advice, facilitate and guide managers in financial, commercial and legal matters pertaining to good business prudence, contractual liabilities and risks.
Provide support to the business by ensuring that practices and decisions made progress the sustainability goals of the company.Qualifications
BCom / BCom (Honours) with Cost & Management Accounting / CIMA
or equivalent tertiary qualificationCA(SA) Knowledge
- Sound understanding of accounting standards and principles, specifically International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Relevant legislation, including but not limited to:
- Companies Act
- Taxation Act
- VAT Act
- Accounting to Balance sheet publication
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Detailed understanding and knowledge of the SAP modules, particularly the SAP-FI & CO module
Knowledge of maize industry would be advantageous
Foreign Currency markets & instruments
Business Information Systems
Business Risk Model
Insurance policy and claims legislation and terms
Recruitment and Selection
Performance managements systems
Financial Management Measurement systems Experience
A minimum of 3 years in senior financial management position.
Relevant or similar industry experience will be advantageous Unique skills or attributes
Attention to detail
Excellent interpersonal skills
Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
Ability to work under pressure without supervision