The main responsibility of this position is to ensure the effective operation of the bottling plant. This person will ensure maximum plant efficiency and output with the focus on plant maintenance, quality, housekeeping, Food Safety, Health and Safety procedures.Responsibilities:
- Maintain work flow by monitoring steps of the process, observing control points and equipment, implementing cost reductions, and facilitating corrections to malfunctions within the process control points.
- Proactively plans production according to the budget, demand and planning schedules.
- Completes production plan of bottling plant by scheduling and assigning priorities, monitoring progress, revising schedules, resolving problems and reporting results.
- Daily oil requirements must be communicated with sales and production planning to ensure availability of all oils and blends of oils.
- Ensure that the products are produced on time and are meeting quality requirements.
- Ensure efficient and accurate setup of production equipment.
- Assist and guide Supervisor with continuous support regarding setup of packaging line equipment.
- Monitoring product standards and implementing quality-control programs.
- Interact with Quality Control Department and make recommendations for improvement.
- Monitoring the production processes and adjusting schedules as and when needed.
- Shift planning according to the production plan must be continuously monitored and communicated to staff.
- Motivating bottling staff and achieving results by communicating the job expectations, monitoring and appraising job results, giving training, coaching, counselling and disciplining employees, and coordinating, and enforcing work systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintaining quality service by establishing and enforcing organizational standards.
- Ensuring a safe and clean working environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment and resources, and maintaining compliance with policies and procedures.
- Effective control and evaluate ingredients and packaging materials in the bottling area.
- Be responsible for managing the process of receiving stock receipts to the bottling area.
- Continuous monitoring of line and process efficiencies and daily and monthly reporting thereof.
- Ensure accurate daily and monthly production reporting and capturing where required.
- Ensuring that Food Safety standards and regulations are met within the area of responsibility.
- Continuously ensure plant availability through reporting and follow-up of maintenance schedules.
Education and skills
- Applicable B Degree/ Diploma in Operations Management or Certified in Operations Management and/ or Production and Inventory Management
- Proven knowledge of Engineering and Technology principles and practices within the FMCG environment
- Knowledge of FSSC and Quality systems and standards
- Knowledge of Health and Safety standards and compliance
- Basic knowledge of Business, Finance, and Human Resources principles
- Knowledge of SAP and Frameworks would be an advantage
- Previous experience regarding bottle filling lines
- Good understanding of filling line equipment and setup
- Previous experience in an FMCG environment
- 3 years’ experience in a leadership position
- Good leadership qualities
- Sound work ethics
- Excellent time management
- Initiative and drive
- Disciplined and reliable
- Must take ownership and accountability
- Problem solving skills
- Customer service orientated