The Capital Hotels stands for equal opportunity while transforming the Hospitality Industry into a modern aspirational industry once again. We believe that the industry is broken and needs to reinvent the image of service and hospitality. We are achieving this through our incredible staff culture. Our dedicated staff believe in offering the highest level of guest service to our guests while maintaining their dignity and integrity. Our staff are our everything!WHY WORK FOR US?
Our staff love coming to work as they feel respected, appreciated, heard, successful and secure. Imagine a company where managers don’t manage managers, we are all simply doers.
Making decisions in regard to our best employees also comes fast, where we recognise talent and reward it quickly through promotions. We don’t need to or want to wait for approval. We recruit on experience but promote on values — the core of which is rigor, disciplined thought and disciplined action.Description:
We invite internal applications for a Learning Programme Manager and Facilitator.
The incumbent will be based at THE CAPITAL Support Office
in Sandton and will report directly to the Training Manager. This position will be based in Sandton, but some national travel will be required.
The purpose of this position is to manage and facilitate The Hotel Academy Schools Learnership and Inservice Learning programmes by creating and implementing yearly academic calendars, import and manage the learners on our Learning Management System, and communicate learner engagement and results to all relevant parties. This person will manage content, assess learners digitally and in their operations and create student reports monthly. They will also liaise with all relevant SETA’s to accredit new courses for the school, register learners for learning programmes, and submit all relevant information to the company representatives for BBBEE, Tax, and Skills Development Levy Purposes.
As a Programme Manager they will manage all elements of the learning process including facilitation, assessment and, when required, moderation in line with SETA guidelines. As a facilitator they will plan, develop, and present contact sessions for learners enrolled in The Hotel Academy School learning programmes and report on the sessions according to the required standard.Requirements:
- A qualification in Hospitality Management from a reputable Hospitality School.
- At least 3 years Operational experience in either Food and Beverage, Front Office, Housekeeping, Kitchens, or a combination of all of these
- At least 3 years’ experience in facilitation and assessment of learning programmes
- Assessor and Moderator Accreditation is preferred
- Accreditation with CATHSSETA to facilitate and assess Food and Beverage Service, Hospitality Reception and Accommodation Services Qualifications would be beneficial
- Accredited as an SDF (not essential)
- High level of computer literacy with proficiency in the Microsoft Suite and use of a Learning Management System (Moodle is preferred)
- Hands-on Problem-Solving approach and the ability to remain calm under pressure and take control of incidents and investigations
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently
- Honest and trustworthy beyond approach
- Great attention to detail
- Presentable and well spoken
- Team Player who leads by example
- Ability to remain highly confidential and be able to treat sensitive information with the highest level of diplomacy
Please note that relocation costs will be for your own expense should your application be successful and you reside outside of the JHB Area.