We are looking for a Cloud Specialist for a pharmaceutical manufacturing company based in Cape Town.
Qualifications and Skills:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Diploma or university degree in the field of computer engineering, computer science, or information systems
- At least 3 years’ experience in functional area(s) Knowledge on how to scope, implement, maintain, and support cloud services and projects Excellent understanding of XaaS platforms and how to maintain them
- Understand and manage Azure AD and cloud models, including hybrid models Good understanding of business and operational planning and processes Program and project management
- Migrate information and services into the cloud
- Ensure no interruption of services
- Analyse and scope the company’s needs and select the right cloud technology or service
- Do a cost-benefit-analysis of cloud vs on-premises solutions
- Excellent knowledge of network and PC operating systems
- Provide evaluation, design, implementation and after-migration support and maintenance to all cloud projects
- Analyse on-premises weaknesses and recommend system improvements
- Weigh risks of IT solutions against business needs and work closely with the Infrastructure Manager and Security specialist to ensure the optimal cloud solution that is secure, robust, redundant, and cost-effective
- Working knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards
- Ensure data integrity in line with CFR 21 part 11 and GAMP from start (source) to output
- Take a leading role in innovation and cloud projects to streamline solutions within business
- Implement processes and procedures to maintain and control data changes
- Process mapping and improvement
- Provide monthly reports to Manager
- Increase efficiencies, technical ability, and interpersonal skills
- Manage cloud-based solution projects
- Demonstrated knowledge of the organization’s core business process and operations
- Working technical knowledge of in-house network, server, and platform operating systems.
- Working technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards, including [firewalls, Active Directory, Azure AD etc.)
- Strong system administration (Linux/Unix or Windows) at the command-line level.
- Experience with running and maintaining scripting [PowerShell, Puppet, Chef, etc.].
- Strong knowledge of network administration. Hands-on software and hardware troubleshooting experience.