Gauteng, JHB - Northern Suburbs
Our client in the Higher Education sector, has an opportunity available for an IT Problem and Configuration Specialist to be based in the Johannesburg area.
- NQF Level 7 in Information Technology of Computer Science
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- COBIT Foundation Certification
- 2x of any ITIL Intermediate or Specialist Certifications
- 5+ years’ experience in incident, request fulfilment, change, configuration and service asset, and problem management.
- 5+ years’ experience in implementing ITIL best practices in an IT environment
- 5+ years’ experience in developing ITSM policy and processes
- 3+ years’ experience working with IT Service Management systems
- Strong operational service management knowledge and skills.
- Understanding of IT operations processes and end to end IT infrastructure components/architecture
- ITIL Expert/Managing Professional
- Experience within Higher Education
- Participate in efforts to implement ITSM technical solutions necessary to automate processes and support the operation of end-to-end IT services delivery and management processes.
- Build documentation and training for all IT staff.
- Coordinate the identification and resolution of IT problems and, where required, escalate and coordinate resolution with third party suppliers.
- Establish a knowledge base for sharing IT problem information.
- Create and manage the IT Known Errors Database
- Develop, implement and manage the IT Configuration Management practice across the entire organisation.
- Develop and deploy a fully operational configuration management system
- Manage a continuous service improvement register for IT Service Management.
- Assist in audit requirements and remediation for the IT Service Management processes
Please note should you not receive a response within 7 days of applying, you may consider your application as being unsuccessful.