Cross-border Logistics Consultant
Logistics, Warehouse & Freight
Stellenbosch Techno Park
My client a well established market leader providing logistical solutions throughout SA is seeking to employ a Cross-Border Logistics Consultant. The suitable candidate should have minimum 4 years experience in a similar role within the transport industry and a relevant qualification (degree / diploma). Experience with bulk- and palletized commodities to/from SADC countries will be beneficial.
- Building and maintaining relationships with new and existing clients, including regular visits.
- Negotiating new contracts with new and existing customers.
- Negotiate transport rates with clients and transporters.
- Manage volumes allocated to company
- Understand the running cost of a vehicle to determine CPK’s.
- Analyse commodity trends and adapt to market fluctuations.
- Keep track of the daily and monthly budgets.
- Adding new clients and transporters to the existing book.
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Be fully bilingual
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and to build relationships
- Ability to negotiate and close sales
- Ability to work in a team
- Analytical ability
- Prepared to solve problems after hours
- Prepared to travel