My client, a well established concern within the retail / FMCG sector is seeking to employ a Digital Technology Lead with a BComm degree in Informatics or similar and min 5 year experience in a similar role. The purpose of this position is to implement, configure, maintain and enable digital systems for integration, ecommerce and analytics to support the current and future business requirements.
- Ensure the availability and consistent performance of ecommerce, card payment system, point of sale system and business applications.
- Analyse data, investigate exceptions, solve issues and implement strategies to automate, continuously monitor and improve the performance, accuracy and efficiency of digital processes and systems.
- Implement and maintain data integration jobs across all systems and ensure all data loads are completed and verified within agreed time limits.
- Develop reports and data models to enable accurate daily reporting of operational results, including sales, promotions and inventory.
- Integrate existing business applications and implement new systems to enhance existing processes.
- Ensure point of sale and reporting systems are configured in line with business requirements.
- Provide support for critical production systems.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Understanding of the FMCG retail and\or hospitality industry.
- Understanding of point of sale and management information systems.
- Understanding of integration, process automation and AI technologies and how to leverage these platforms to implement a business solution.
- Able to create and manage SSIS jobs, SSRS reports and create data models.
- Understanding how to utilise technology in a cost-optimized manner.
- Understand network technologies including routing, DNS, DHCP & firewalls.
- Expertise with multiple technologies and be able to contribute and collaborate across functional teams.
- Microsoft SQL Server database administration on-premises and cloud based
- Experience with performance tuning and optimization (PTO)
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Power Platform including Power BI, Power Automate & PowerApps
- DAX & building Power BI models
- Experience with Azure and Office 365 products including Teams and SharePoint
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- BComm Information Systems or equivalent
- Min 5 years in a similar role
- MCSA or equivalent database and cloud platform qualification
- Valid South African ID
- Valid drivers license
- Clear criminal record