My client, a well established Franchise with a large number of restaurants in their group has a vacancy for a Business Analyst / Process Analyst with strong operational experience. A Bachelor's Degree in Finance/Auditing is essential.
Business and process analyst overview:
- The key responsibility will be to support the Operations, Marketing and Finance teams to improve the performance and processes of the business. This will be done through the collection, inspection, analysis, testing and recommendation and reporting on the results.
- Scenario analysis, trend analysis and recommendations are required. Main focus will be to analyse to improve the processes in the stores including working capital management, cost efficiencies, restaurant sales and nett operating profit performance for the group.
- Internal audit function to test adherence to processes and procedures, identify and report on gaps in internal controls & setup/maintenance of system/process documentation.
- Use sales & customer records for identification and evaluation of sales and customer service performance with consideration towards sales, customer feedback, compliance, and marketing campaign performance.
- Spec new reports and dashboards.
- Provide Sales and Marketing direction regarding customer trends and market analysis to drive business decisions and new marketing campaigns and operational improvements.
- Provide analysis of new business opportunities to enable management decision making.
- Work within FP&A team to incorporate forecasts and processes into daily/weekly/monthly reports – trend analysis
- Monitor, extract and transform sales and operational performance data into reports for operational team
- Assist in managing stores budgets from the budgeting process as well as monthly review and reconciliation to ensure the budget’s is accurate
- Work with the Regional Operations Managers and Finance departments to calculate, evaluate and implement service price increases. - With this goes scenario planning on the impact a price increase on the nett operating profit of the group.
- Initiate and drive continuous improvement of all performance reporting in order to better manage the business.
- Assist in developing Sales targets and Nett Operating profit budgets in conjunction with Regional Operations managers and Group Finance team.
- Generate ad hoc reporting for Sales, Marketing, Finance, Accounting, and Product Management
- Determine scope of test in stores and develop tests
- Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goals is achieved
- Document process and prepare findings for management
- Perform identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings
- Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques, and performance standard
- Conduct follow up on reported items to monitor management’s intervention
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/auditing
- Experience as an analyst and strong Operational experience preferred
- Accounting/Finance experience preferred
- Familiarity with sales, labour, stock and operational reporting and procedures
- Familiarity with the restaurant sector
- Expert capability in MS Office and BI systems
- Willing to travel regularly