Open position : Toolroom Supervisor
Location : Port Elizabeth
Salary : Market related
Type : Permanent position
Strictly EE / AA position
Job requirements :
- Qualified Mechanical Technician or Trade in Tool Making, Toolmaker
- 3 Years experience in Extruder Component Development
- 2 years management of a small group of employees
Extruder Component Development and Maintenance:
- Coordinate the development and implementation of New Extruder Components.
- Manage the use of the Die Development system (CEMSET).
- Industrialise Extruder Components as per Quality Procedures.
- Implementation of component and process Specifications related to Extruder components.
- Coordinate the maintenance of existing Extruder Components to ensure that all components conform to design specification.
Maintenance of Extruder Die and Preform Tooling:
- Develop a Maintenance Plan for Extruder Die and Preform Tooling
- Coordinate the Maintenance Plan to make sure it is adhered to.
Die Shop Administration:
- Manage tooling requirements for Die shop (replacement of CNC cutters, tooling, fluids, cleaning program)
- Obtain quotes for materials and tooling
- Placement of orders and monitoring of deliveries.
Die Shop Management: Daily and Weekly planning of Die development:
- Coordinating Die Manufacturing process and ensure Die plates and Pre-Dies are available on time
- Managing performance of Die Technicians
- Time and attendance of Die Technicians.
- Reports and Documentation: Update circulate Daily performance KPI's relevant to Die Manufacturing process
- Daily update of Industrialisation documentation for new and modified extruded components.
- Daily update of Die Development database
- Develop and maintain procedures and work instruction for the Die Manufacturing Process and Die Shop activities.
- Ensures safety of personnel and equipment through compliance with the companies environmental, safety and health procedures.
- Comply with OSH Act and Regulations.
- Issue procedures and work instructions ensure implementation of measures and maintain controls.
- Raise awareness, ensure regular ESH training and provide information about ESH responsibilities and duties.
- Ensure immediate notification and response and initiate preventive measures in case of unsafe or polluting hazards.
- Demonstrate exemplary personal behaviour in ESH and motivate others.
No reply after 2 weeks indicates that you have been unsuccessful.