Open position : ESH Engineer
Location : Port Elizabeth
Salary : Market related
Type : Permanent position
Strictly EE / AA position
Job requirements :
- Qualification in Engineering / technical qualification a requirement
- Qualified Auditor for ISO 14001 & ISO 45001 Management Systems- Qualified Risk Assessor
- Must have 3 - 5 years’ experience in health, safety and environmental disciplines.
Accidents/ Incidents :
- Ensuring of compiling reports regarding the weekly, monthly and quarterly accident information.
- Coordinate investigations into accidents, incidents and near-misses (including problem solving), which will include corrective actions and preventative measures
- Maintain and improve the accident and lost time injury rates
- Compiling reports regarding the daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly accident information, e.g. Power BI, CBT charts.
Compliance and Certification :
- Ensure ongoing organisational certification with ISO 14001.
- Ensure ongoing organisational compliance with ISO 45001.
ESH Management System including Covid Management :
- Write Procedures; Work Instructions; Safe Work Manuals; and other documentation in support of the ESH Management System
- Issue corrective action reports for incidents; near-misses; system non-conformances
- Highlight opportunities for improvement.
ESH Audits (Legal, CAG, OE) :
- Drive the programme for the annual Internal Audit Programme
- Communicate audit findings & schedule follow-up audits to ensure findings are closed out within defined audit period
- Communicate audit and investigation findings in an accurate, detailed and timely fashion
- Schedule follow-up audits to ensure findings are closed out within the defined time period.
ACT and other Awareness :
- Coordinate the implementation of ACT, security and environmental programs
- Develop, coordinate and implement ESH Alerts and Newsletters, etc.
- Attending CBT Meetings where awareness is brought to employees’ attention
- Scheduling and typing of minutes to the monthly ESH Committee Meetings
- Plan and conduct Awareness Days as per ESH calendar e.g. World Health and Safety Day, EE Day etc.
Contractor Management :
- Oversee Contractor Safe on site
- Assist in ESH requirements in Tendering Phase
- Drafting and issuing of Contractor ESH File requirements as per scope of work
- Onsite HIRA before projects start
- Approving of ESH files from new projects or amended scope of work
- Daily frequent Contractor Management System update -expiring documentation for access i.e. medical certificate, Letter of Good Standing, 3rd Party Auditing; Contractor PJO's and Audits Tracking of Contractor Incident Investigation
- Contractor Newsletter/ Safety Alerts
- Compiling of Contractor Procedures/Work Instructions.
Environmental Management :
- Coordinate Environmental Reporting and Projects
No reply after 2 weeks indicates that you have been unsuccessful.