Gauteng, JHB - Eastern Suburbs
Market related (Negotiable)
An established manufacturer of chemical raw materials is seeking the above to assist customers with the development of Personal Care and Home Care Products and to work closely with the sales team to provide technical support.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Must have a BSc Chemistry Degree or related
- Minimum 6 years’ Technical experience within the Chemical Raw material industry is essential
- Must currently be in a technical development position within the Personal Care/Homecare industry
- Previous project management experience and experience in setting up a laboratory for testing evaluations will an added advantage
- Must currently deal with customers and suppliers.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
Salary package, including benefits, are highly negotiable depending on experience gained Please note that subsequent to the screening and shortlisting process, all further communication will be entered into, only with the shortlisted candidates
- Assisting customers with technical development of Personal Care and Homecare products.
- Project managing technical development on new product launches.
- Conducting ingredients substitution testing.
- Conducting joint customer visits at Key Accounts with the sales team and working closely within the sales team providing technical support.
- Managing and writing Editorial and Advertorial in Key Personal Care and Homecare magazine.
- Interacting with Technology Partners on raw materials.
- Involvement in all customer complaints to completion.
- Attending conference and workshops in the Personal Care and Homecare industry.
- Participating member of Coschem and CTFA.
- Understanding the latest trends and share them with customers together with tracking of new blends.
- Travelling nationally or abroad when required.
- Troubleshooting at customers.
- Assisting in raw material sourcing.
- Providing product training to the sales team.
- Managing the microbiological and development laboratories.
- Ensuring active involvement with manufacturing team.