South Africa, Western Cape
R 20 000 - R 30 000 Monthly Cost To Company (CTC includes: Medical, Pension and 13th cheque)
We are looking to onboard a suitably experienced and qualified Assistant Accountant for our finance department in Brackenfell, Cape Town.
Reports to: Financial Controller and responsibilities include:
- Responsible for preparation of all supplier account recons, COD payments and ad hoc payments in line with creditors policy.
- Load all new /amend beneficiaries and payments onto banking online system as and when payments to be done.
- Prepare monthly accruals schedule.
- Assist Financial Controller to co-ordinate smooth finalisation of monthly results in accordance with the monthly results timetable.
- Preparation of journals with supporting documents for approval by Financial Controller. Preparation of payroll journals with supporting documents for approval by Financial Controller. Responsible for preparation of all balance sheet general ledger accounts recons for area of responsibility.
- Responsible for review of daily bank recon and unallocated receipts recon.
- Co-ordinate collation of all shipping documents required to send to bank and for compliance with reserve bank legislation.
- Communicate with other departments when shipments will be landing by updating the warehouse receipt date schedule
- Liaison with clearing agents, overseas suppliers and internal staff regarding shipment supply chain movement.
- Complete all Letter of Credit documents. Arrange payments on time.
- Respond to all shipping queries Preparation of Freight cost analysis report
- Attendance at monthly meeting with shipping advisors Record keeping of all FECs booked
- Completion of the respective balance sheet account recons monthly such as Goods in transit, Overseas payments Clearing account and Foreign Creditors revaluation.
- Responsible for input of all VAT on e-filing in line with SARS deadlines
- Preparation of cash flow forecast – daily/weekly/monthly/annual forecast
- Responsible for maintaining updates to the fixed asset register and run monthly depreciation entry. Keeping track of vehicle licenses and making sure they get collected.
- Liaison with auditors and prepare audit related schedules monthly and in advance of the audit to meet year end deadlines.
- Prepare budget related schedules as requested by Financial Controller.
Requirements:B.com Degree with SAIPA ArticlesIntermediate to Advanced excel skills ie pivots, v-lookups etcExperienced working with ERP systems
- Assist Financial Controller with BEE related initiatives/admin and prepare schedules required for annual audit.