South Africa, Gauteng - Jhb Northern Suburbs
A leading consulting and engineering company is currently recruiting for a Piping Engineer with extensive experience in the mining and minerals industry on large capital projects, including projects in remote locations and other countries, in particular third world countries.
Contract Position - 12 months
Location - Bryanston
Knowledge, skills, and experience:
- BSc, BEng, or B. Tech with a minimum of 5 years’ experience.
- ECSA regist
- Minimum of 3 years Piping design experience in the mining and minerals processing area in the design office and in the field.
- Well-developed computer skills and knowledge of word, databases spreadsheets and discipline related application software, e.g., piping stress software.
- Technical Competence – in terms of core engineering theory from first principles and ability to extend theory to new and complex equipment.
- Site experience – construction and commissioning.
- Design & Construction of pumping systems in a mining environment i.e., Slurry Piping systems, HDPE piping system.
- Experience Lined piping systems such aa Ceramic, Rubber, HDPE, and Copon Lining.