South Africa, Gauteng - Jhb Northern Suburbs
Now Hiring - Control & Instrumentation Engineer for the Mining & Minerals office in Bryanston.
Contract position – 12 months
- Responsible for the Instrument and Control System Engineering and Design functions in the Engineering Department.
- Interface with the Process Department for calculating and sizing of instrumentation equipment from the flow sheets and P&ID’s.
- Interface with the Electrical Department to align design and engineering requirements between Electrical and Instrument and Control System equipment.
- Uphold and maintain international engineering standards, codes and practices.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Degree, BTech or National Higher Diploma in Electrical Engineering or Control Engineering
- ECSA registration as Professional Engineer or Professional Technologist Engineer (or working towards registration).
- A minimum of 5 years’ working experience in a project engineering environment, preferably within the resources/minerals processing industry in Africa.
- Professional registration with the ECSA, preferable, but not essential.
- Understanding of cost and financial implications of technical decisions made, as these relate to a project.
- Working knowledge of Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Instrumentation design packages.
- Advanced computer literacy skills in MS Office and related software packages.
- Experience in managing relationships with clients, contractors and service providers.
- Excellent English language skills, both verbal and written.