Our client is currently recruiting for a Senior Civil Designer with extensive experience in the Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, or similar sector of the industry to provide support to our client in the execution of projects for 6 months contract.
Location - Midrand
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Technical Design Ability – Completes technical design work using relevant design methods, Client and Corporate standards and specifications and data in line with Project requirements.
- Produces final SmartPlant 3D civil models for earthworks, piling, foundations, superstructure, underground services, paving and buildings in accordance with engineering design sketches as provided by the Civil Engineering group.
Knowledge, skills, and experience:
- National Civil Diploma or equivalent.
- Intergraph SmartPlant 3D Structural modelling software package experience.
- Bentley Microstation 3D CADD software package experience version 8 or later.
- 10 years minimum related industry experience in Civil and Structural draughting.
- Technical Design Ability - Guides and coaches others to achieve a high standard in Civil and Structural draughting using company, client and industry standards and data in line with Project requirements.
- Technical Expertise - Carries out draughting work to a high standard. Responsible for checking models and deliverables when the need arises and if requested. Has a sound knowledge over a broad range of civil engineering fields relevant to the project environment.
- Cross Discipline Project Team Interaction - Proactively works with other discipline designers/engineers.