South Africa, Gauteng
R40 000 - R45 000 Monthly Cost To Company
A well established Construction Company is looking to fill the position of Senior Project Accountant. Based in Johannesburg, the business excels in the latest and most innovative modular process projects, in a wide range of industries, from Mining, to Oil & Gas, serving predominantly an international market.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Reporting to the Financial Manager, the Project Accountant will lead a team in providing key support to the Project Managers in executing on their project commitments.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent team management skills to ensure strong support to the Project Managers.
- Ensure all relevant operational activities are properly assessed and potential risks and opportunities are addressed and factored for.
- Manage project performance, including cost management, revenue recognition, cash flow management, and forecasting to ensure effective project management to completion.
- Manage projects in line with the approved budgets, Delegation of Authority, Company Process Flows and Close Out principles, identifying and escalating operational and financial issues as appropriate, and adding strategic insight into change management.
- A BCom graduate with 3+ years experience as a project accountant with team management experience.
- You must also demonstrate the following skills and experience: High level of proficiency in the use of Syspro ERP (Engineered to Manufacture) / Microsoft Office Suite (advanced skills in Excel) and ability to quickly learn and adapt to new software.
- Experience with multi-location reporting and group consolidations.
- EPC project accounting experience desirable.
- Strong analytical skills & problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and prioritise multiple tasks & projects.