South Africa, Gauteng - Jhb Northern Suburbs
A leading consulting engineering company is currently recruiting for a Senior Mechanical Engineer with extensive experience in the mining and minerals industry on large capital projects, including projects in remote locations and other countries, in particular third world countries.
Contract position - 12 months
Location - Bryanston
- Ensure that designs are in accordance with project / study requirements and company objectives and are produced in a timely and cost-effective manner
- To work in a safe manner, complying with and actively contributing to the company Health, Safety and Environmental HSE policies, manuals and procedures. At all times considering the health, safety and welfare of fellow workers, visitors, clients, community and the environment.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- BSc, BEng or B. Tech or National Diploma with a minimum of 10 years’ experience.
- ECSA registered
- Minimum of 8 years Mechanical design experience in the mining and minerals processing area in the design office and in the field.
- Well-developed computer skills and knowledge of word, databases, spreadsheets, and discipline related application software.
- Site experience – construction and commissioning.
- Slurry pumping experience.
- Materials Handling experience.
- Mechanical Package experience.