South Africa, Gauteng - Jhb Northern Suburbs
A leading consulting engineering company is currently recruiting for a Senior Piping Designer on a contract basis for our head office in Bryanston on a 12-month contract.
- To provide draughting and design direction and supervision to ensure:
- Drawing accountabilities are met.
- Timely information transfer to other roles / disciplines / department.
- Efficient production of piping arrangement drawings and isometrics
- To work in a safe manner, complying with and actively contributing to the Wood Health, Safety and Environmental HSSE policies, manuals, and procedures. At all times considering the health, safety and welfare of fellow workers, visitors, clients, community, and the environment.
Knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or requisite experience.
- Minimum of 10 years mechanical / piping design draughting experience of which at least 5 years are in the mining and mineral processing area.
- Good understanding of mechanical / piping technology.
- Experience with 3D modelling in intelligent modelling packages is advantageous. (Aveva Preferred)
- Experience with design drafting of HDPE Piping systems.
- Well-developed computer skills with good knowledge of relevant 3D CAD software, relational databases, and spreadsheets.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Wood systems and previous projects.
- Experience with process plant design and layout.
- Broad knowledge / experience in process, construction, and operations.
- Understanding of other discipline requirements.
- Good checking skills, ability to work unsupervised.
- Focus on task completion, initiative, and enthusiasm.