South Africa, Gauteng - Jhb Northern Suburbs
A leading consulting Engineering company is currently recruiting for a Senior Piping Engineer with extensive experience in the mining and minerals industry on large capital projects, including projects in remote locations and other countries, in particular third world countries.
Contract position – 12 months
- To coordinate and supervise design functions within a project/study context.
- Ensure that designs are in accordance with project / study requirements and company objectives and are produced in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- To work in a safe manner, complying with and actively contributing to the company Health, Safety and Environmental HSE policies, manuals, and procedures. At all times considering the health, safety and welfare of fellow workers, visitors, clients, community, and the environment.
Knowledge, skills, and experience:
- BSc, BEng, or B. Tech with a minimum of 10 years’ experience.
- ECSA regist
- Minimum of 8 years Piping design experience in the mining and minerals processing area in the design office and in the field.
- Well-developed computer skills and knowledge of word, databases spreadsheets and discipline related application software, e.g., piping stress software.
- Technical Competence – in terms of core engineering theory from first principles and ability to extend theory to new and complex equipment.
- Site experience – construction and commissioning.
- Design & Construction of pumping systems in a mining environment i.e., Slurry Piping systems, HDPE piping system.
- Experience Lined piping systems such as Ceramic, Rubber, HDPE, and Copon Lining.
- Experience in conducting pipe stress analysis on piping in the mining environment.