Our client in the educational industry has a vacancy for a Junior Editorial Coordinator to join their scholarly publishing team.
The successful candidate will provide manuscript submissions and review coordination across the publisher’s portfolio of scholarly journals and coordinate editorial development, review workflow and author support throughout the editorial process from manuscript submission to acceptance.
- Conduct initial manuscript quality and permission checks.
- Implement checks (e.g., checklists, plagiarism etc.) on various process points and documents to evaluate the standard of work/task. Take corrective action if the manuscript deviates from the standard required.
- Apply standard procedures to manuscripts allocated to enhance customer experience (e.g., routine email updates, updating user profiles).
- Transmit actions, tasks, or decisions from the Editor-in-Chief/Commissioning Editor/Section Editor/Guest Editors onto the workflow management system.
- Monitor timeliness of work/task against average desired timelines and take corrective action to resolve delays.
- Transfer (e.g., masking), apply versioning and sound record-keeping on electronic documents at various process points.
- Liaising with authors, editors and reviewers and providing support with publishing-related queries on using and navigating the workflow management system, as well as managing the online submission system and inbox
- A relevant undergraduate degree, e.g., bachelor's degree in English and Linguistics
- Customer Service experience
- Strong communication skills - both written and verbal
- Excellent English (read, write, understand, and speak) language skills are a requirement
- Good language skills in any of the following official South African languages would be advantageous: Afrikaans, isiZulu, isiXhosa, Sesotho, Sepedi, Setswana (understand and read)
- Excellent MS Office skills (especially in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Highly organised and self-motivated, with strong time-management and project management skills
- Able to work well under pressure in an open-plan environment
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
To apply, please send your CV with your salary expectations to email@example.com
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive feedback within 48 hours, please accept your application as unsuccessful.
Persona Staff CC is POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013) compliant, all personal information is protected according to legislation. By applying for any of our available vacancies, you give Persona Staff consent to process your Personal Information for Recruitment Purposes, according to the POPI ACT, 2013. If you have any concerns regarding your Personal Information and our compliance towards the legislation, you are welcome to request our POPI Act Policy.