Monthly Cost To Company (Market related, Negotiable)
A leading media and advertising group requires the above to take responsibility for and own the financial reporting set by the boards of these companies in conjunction with the company.
Minimum requirements for the role:
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- BCom Accounting or related degree with accounting to 3rd year is essential for this role.
- Previous experience having worked with Job Costing is preferred.
- Previous experience having worked within a Financial Accounting role is essential.
- Previous experience having working within the media or manufacturing or related industry would be preferred.
- Audit Firm Articles preferred but not essential.
- Must be computer literate with good Excel skills.
- Previous experience working on Google Sheets as a software package is preferred.
- Experience working with Pastel Partner would be an added advantage.
- Previous experience having managed a finance team is essential for the role.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal, presentation, negotiation skills and analytical skills.
- Must have a high level of accuracy of work and attention to detail.
Salary package, including benefits, is highly negotiable depending on experience gained.
- Taking responsibility for and own the financial reporting set by the boards of these companies in conjunction with the company.
- Ensuring timely and accurate financial records and reporting of the company and ensuring optimal cash and working capital management.
- Ensuring accurate and timely monthly financial reporting in accordance with deadlines in accordance with GAAP and IFRS.
- Ensuring accurate and timely monthly management reporting in accordance with deadlines as set by the Managing Director and COO.
- Providing an efficient and accurate system of management reporting to facilitate timely and appropriate action and decision making for the effective control of the business.
- Ensuring that financial statements are prepared and distributed within the deadlines set.
- Managing the annual audit process and regular liaison with the external auditors.
- Preparing forecasts, income statement, balance sheet and cash flow for each legal entity at least 4 times a year.
- Preparing the annual and budget operating, capex, cash flow and balance sheet annually for all legal entities and divisions.
- Managing working capital and cash management.
- Ensuring compliance with South African company law, taxation laws, VAT act, accounting standards and other applicable legislation.
- Ensuring timely and accurate submission of returns and payment for VAT, PAYE, UIF, SDL and income tax.
- Ensuring that the statutory records of all company companies are up to date and properly maintained.
- Managing margin and profitability management.
- Managing capital expenditure.
- Supervising and managing all finance and administrative personnel.
- Ensuring that advertising contract renewals take place within contractual terms.