Western Cape, CPT - CBD
Negotiable - Negotiable Monthly Cost To Company (Market related)
NEW VACANCY ALERT!!
An exciting new opportunity has arisen with our client in the automotive sector based at their operations in Cape Town, for a Warehouse Supervisor.
- Oversees and ensures successful weekly cycle count of stock.
- Ensure monthly stock take with production and support department teams.
- Ensures FIFO / LOS (line of site) principles are applied during storage and issuing of stock within area of responsibility.
- Investigates stock variances and exceptions and implement an action plan.
- Ensures that procedures pertaining to stock control are continuously reviewed to improve efficiencies and minimize risk to the company.
- Liaises with, and assists Planning with the verification of receipts and issued goods, as well as of semi-finished components and products.
- Ensures product received for storage, is accurately coded, compliant with procedures and stored in designated areas.
- Ensures all non-conforming product is processed in accordance with procedures, and that scrap is adequately removed on a daily basis.
- Controls damaged stock in WIP, investigates causes and takes corrective action.
- Ensures that all consignment stock procedures are being adhered to when consignment stock is collected.
- Creates and maintains work instructions.
- Keeps abreast with developing technologies in the Inventory Control field.
- Ensures integrity of database information is maintained on SAP at all times.
- Writes out all credit notes, record in register and get approval.
- Captures rotations returned on the system.
- Writes new invoice number on document and retain copy for record purposes.
- Updates checks and charges spreadsheet.
- Captures scrap differences on spreadsheet.
- Ensures that stationary is ordered timeous.
- Ensures that all protective clothing and gear is ordered.
- Ensures that daily, weekly and monthly health and safety check sheets are completed and accidents reported to relevant HR function.
- Operates within controls and procedures in order to ensure the integrity of the company.
- Identifies and reports risks or areas of concern to management within own department and area of responsibility.
- Ensures compliance with all relevant regulations and procedures to prevent fruitless, wasteful and irregular expenditure.
- Ensures that all health and safety regulations are adhered to in the warehouse.
- Maintains effective working relationships with customers (both internal and external) towards rendering highest quality of services.
- Represents company in meetings with relevant stakeholders.
- Identifies and solves problems creatively whilst demonstrating a high level of integrity in line with company core values.
- Ensures that all employees have signed performance agreements.
- Monitors and measures performance quarterly by conducting employee appraisals.
- In collaboration with HR, identify staff performance objectives, potential areas of development and action plans where necessary.
- Ensures ongoing training and development of employees.
- Addresses employee relations matters fairly and promptly.
Cost and Financial Control:
- Contributes to the budget preparation process.
- Promotes and communicates the effective, efficient, economical and transparent use of financial and other resources.
- Monitors and controls expenditure against budget and ensures spending occurs within budgetary limits and company financial guidelines, report deviations to direct Manager.
- Explores opportunities to control and reduce costs.
- Grade 12
- Diploma in Warehousing / Logistics / Supply Chain / Procurement or related fields (NQF 5)
- Up to 5 years’ experience in Warehousing / Inventory and Stock Control / Logistics / Supply Chain / Procurement in a Manufacturing environment of which:
- 1 to 2 years should be at Supervisory level