Eastern Cape, Kariega / Uitenhage
Negotiable - Negotiable Monthly Cost To Company (Market related)
BRAND NEW VACANCY ALERT!
An awesome opportunity has arisen with our client, a global leader in the automotive sector, for a Quality Technician (qualified Toolmaker), to be based at their operations in Kariega.
- Developing, introducing, monitoring and maintaining measuring systems to all internal and external customers with regard to Series measurements and part.
- Analyzing, initiating, coordinating and implementing corrective action to qualify discrepancies reported to the department in order to ensure a timeous and efficient service to customers within the parameters of acceptable quality standards.
- Maintaining measuring equipment in order to ensure that group standards are adhered to.
- Assisting, training and supervising Trainees, Junior Technicians and new employees in order to develop a strong team of metrology technicians who will provide a world class measuring service.
- Preparing and supplying measurement and SPC data for Management decisions and evaluation.
- Dimensional calibration of Company fixture, gauges, measuring and torque testing instrument and maintain its history to guarantee its accuracy throughout its entire service life to encompass the quality of the vehicle and components in accordance with ISO17025.
- National Diploma/ NN Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Trade Test Certificate Tool Maker
- Minimum of 3-5 years relevant working experience within the automotive environment
- At least 2 years working experience with parts, assemblies’ alignment, set-up and Dimensional Evaluation
- Good understanding of communication between Measuring facilities and Software
- Programming and execution CMM programs for series measuring
- Good understanding of CMM probes setting and Probe qualification