Eastern Cape, East London
Negotiable (Market related, Negotiable)
Opportunity available!! Our well known client in the Automotive sector is looking to employ a Maintenance Technician to join their team in East London.
- Mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulics planned and preventative maintenance and repairs to machinery and equipment, including plant as required.
- Execution of planned and preventative maintenance and repairs on machinery, equipment, and plant in accordance with maintenance plan.
- Report deterioration and excessive wear and tear on machinery, equipment and plant that requires major repairs to be carried out.
- Report all delays that cannot be completed in the planned time frame due to addition faults and problems identified during the maintenance or repairs to the machine or equipment.
- Assist with the manufacturing, refurbishment or modification to existing machinery and equipment as required.
- Assist with the installation and commissioning of refurbished, modified or new machines, as required.
- Ensure correct functioning and safe working of machinery and equipment after completion of maintenance and before handing over for use in Production.
- Identification and prediction of other repairs on machinery and equipment that is to be conducted in future planned and preventative maintenance.
- Assist with urgent machine, equipment and plant breakdowns that will lead to customer line stoppages, including after hours if required.
- Abide by Company Rules and Regulations.
- Ensure safety precautions and standards are followed at all times when conducting maintenance and repairs on machinery, equipment and plant such as equipment lockout
- Abide by safety rules and regulations at all times.
- Reports directly to Maintenance Supervisor
- Certification as qualified Millwright.
- Experience as a qualified tradesman, preferably in automotive sector.
- Experienced in electrical, hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Understand and read electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic circuits and drawings.
- Self-starter, hard and conscientious worker.
- Experience in mechatronics