Negotiable (Market related, Negotiable)
Opportunity Available!! Our well known client in the Automotive Sector is looking to employ a HSEE Coordinator to join their dynamic team in Rosslyn.
- Monitor contractors to ensure they are compliant with minimum HSEE requirements and have a valid permit to work.
- Ensure that the company’s HSEE policies and procedures are fully complied with in order to reduce the risk of litigation.
- Co-ordinate and control First Aid activities, accident & spillage investigations and collation of accident statistics (internal and external reporting).
- Liaise with Regional HSEE Manager and HR Team on occupational health issues.
- Liaise with the Regional HSEE Manager on all environmental compliance issues.
- Schedule and coordinate HSEE committee meetings in accordance with company procedures. Represent the plant externally on HSEE issues, in cooperation and agreement with the Regional HSEE Manager.
- Drive and co-ordinate the site behaviour based safety program, Total Safety Culture.
- Facilitation of incident investigations involving fire or other emergencies.
- Ensure that people with responsibility for safety and environment are challenged.
- Act as the “internal consultant” to the plant manager and to the plant management team.
- Facilitation of statutory required measurements such as noise, lighting and ventilations surveys, ESD measuring, infrared inspections etc. Initiate appropriate corrective actions.
- Facilitate / provide and/or conduct training in all HSEE matters.
- Complete and update all Environmental Aspect and Impact assessments and Health/Safety Risk assessments.(Including Hazardous Chemical Substance assessments).
- Assist plant management team in the development of HSEE objective and targets to ensure compliance with ISO14001 and OHSAS18000 and to drive continuous improvement.
- Develop management programs for set objectives and targets. Track progress on a monthly basis and report to plant management.
- Maintain ISO14001 certification.
- Conduct internal HSEE audits based on BOS and regional requirements.
- Track progress of open audit findings as per target dates.
- Advise plant management on any updates/changes and actions required pertaining to HSEE legislative requirements.
- Ensure requirements as per monthly company KPI's are met (100% compliance). Action plans to be developed and agreed with plant manager if full compliance has not been achieved.
- Assist with ergonomic assessments (PEIL).
- Drive PEIP (Prevention Early Intervention Program - physiotherapy interaction).
- Update existing site HSEE policies, procedures, WI and forms when required. Develop new where identified necessary.
- Maintain an up to date list of all HCS used on site. MSDS to be available for all.
- Conduct HSEE induction for new employees, temporary workers and external contractors performing work on company premises.
- Ensure all statutory appointments are in place and current.
- Conduct annual audits on service providers in terms of ISO14001 certification. Monitor open actions.
- Ensure all required permits are available and valid.
- Audit clinic to ensure baseline, annual and exit medicals are conducted as per standard.
- Establish PPE requirements for plant based on risk assessment.
- Update Corporate Health, Environmental and Safety System on a monthly basis by deadline
- Update monthly information boards
- Ensure all reporting requirements as stipulated by the Regional HSEE Manager are adhered to.
- Facilitate visits from Department of Labour inspectors.
- Coordinate and test emergency preparedness procedures.
- Matric NQF Level 4
- Previous experience with ISO14001 EMS
- Minimum 3 years full time experience in the Health, Safety and Environmental field
- National Diploma (or similar) in Safety Management highly advantageous