Eastern Cape, East London
Negotiable (Market related, Negotiable)
Opportunity Available!! Our well known client in the Business Development sector is looking to employ a Specialist - Industrial Development to join their team in East London. The suitable candidate will facilitate the development of industrial parks, direct trade and investment promotion efforts linked to the industrial parks, provide oversight over the operations of industrial parks and provide support for businesses within the industrial parks.
Job Description: Industrial Parks Investment Promotion and Co-ordination:
Industrial Parks Operations Management:
- Work with Regional Offices and the Trade, Investment and Innovation Unit to develop a pipeline of investors for the Eastern Cape industrial parks.
- Participate in trade and investment missions to promote opportunities related to industrial parks.
- Engagements with key industries in the Eastern Cape to promote the industrial parks.
- Oversee the reduction of red tape to secure investment in infrastructure at industrial parks.
Industrial Parks Development Planning:
- Develop and spearhead the approval of the Company’s industrial park operations management framework.
- Work with Regional Offices to formulate and institute a system to deal with lease and investment enquiries and complaints relating to industrial parks.
- Spearhead the development of industrial parks infrastructure, record any opportunities available for purposes of marketing the parks and responding to lease enquiries.
- Oversee arrangements by the Asset Management function and Regional Offices regarding rates and municipal services.
- Compile and distribute quality reports on industrial park management.
- Initiate the publication of success stories as well as project specific brochures
Industrial Parks Development Management:
- Work with the Properties unit to co-ordinate the development of masterplans for industrial parks.
- Drive the formulation and approval of development frameworks and policies for industrial parks.
- Influence provincial and national government policy for industrial parks.
- Visit other industrial parks and SEZ's for purposes of benchmarking and best practice.
Stakeholder Relations Management:
- Spearhead the planning and management of parks infrastructure development projects.
- Manage industrial parks related procurement processes for services other than those managed by the Properties business unit.
- Spearhead resource allocation and mobilisation including budgeting and funding relations management for industrial parks development programmes.
- Establishment and coordination of structures for industrial parks development.
- Mobilise participation by local and district municipalities in industrial parks development and management processes.
- Mobilise support and participation by communities and business in industrial parks development.
- Drive the development of an industrial specific incentive framework that incorporates national, provincial and local government.
- Provide input on national and provincial industrial parks and SEZ policies.
- Lobby for municipal rates and services-based incentives for industrial parks and SEZs
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce or engineering.
- 5 years relevant work experience in project management/infrastructure development/facilities management at middle management or senior specialist level.