Eastern Cape, East London
Negotiable (Market related, Negotiable)
Opportunity Available!! Our well known client in the Retail Sector is looking to employ an Assistant Store Manager to join their dynamic team in East London.
- Lead the store team in all aspects of store operations.
- Day-to-day management of the store.
- Take responsibility for the training & development of team members.
- Communicate effectively with Senior Management team.
- Drive sales through applying sales techniques and standards as well as identifying innovative new solutions to support sales growth.
- Ensure and provide exceptional customer service at all times.
- Ensure appropriate merchandising standards.
- Control expenses and payroll budgets.
- Manage the staff experience and handle personnel issues.
- Model outstanding customer service practices for your team and ensure associates consistently deliver excellent customer service.
- Will be involved in managing on or more of the following operations: Back of House operations (Receiving/Admin/ systems), Merchandising, Point of Sale/Front End operations, Selling Floor, Returns, and all individual departments instore.
- Assisting/support management team in all areas of store operations, service, and merchandising.
- Human Resource Initiatives including but not limited to staffing, hiring, and staff scheduling.
- Grade 12
- Relevant business / admin qualification – retail management diploma or degree would be advantageous
- 4+ Years retail experience with administrative and people management experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Highly organised with the ability to adapt quickly to change
- An excellent understanding of retail
- Proficiency in stock management, cost control and cost management