Eastern Cape, East London
Negotiable (Market related, Negotiable)
Opportunity Available! Our well known client in the Manufacturing industry is looking to employ a Maintenance Technician to join their dynamic team in East London.
Purpose of the job:
Responsible for ensuring that the necessary plant and equipment maintenance preparations and maintenance tasks are done in accordance with standard maintenance practice to contribute to the achievement of improving work practices and operational targets.Job Responsibilities:
- To conduct scheduled preventative maintenance along with repair plan.
- Undertake specific preventative tasks on machines according to established schedule to keep them in good
- working order.
- Troubleshoot problems as they arise both mechanically and electrically.
- Inspect equipment to identify any replacement, malfunctions and repairs.
- Repair and clean the equipment when needed.
- Adhere to and follow safety procedures and company policies for equipment operation.
- Recommend process improvements to enhance operational efficiency and safety.
- Ensure all toolboxes and tools are kept in good condition.
- Practices good housekeeping; maintain the work area clean, safe and organized and adheres to all safety
- Ensure proper communication and handover on outstanding tasks between shifts and day shifts teams.
- Contribute to waste management.
- Be able to work in a team environment and possess a strong organizational skills, a positive attitude and
- the ability to work well as a team.
- Must be available to work rotating shifts, weekends, call-outs and overtime when required
- Diploma/N4 in Electrical Engineering
- Trade Test, experience in electrical, hydraulics and pneumatics
- Experience in PLC Applications
- Minimum 3 years experience within a production environment
- Experience in Mechatronics or Electrical
- Experience in problem solving, paying attention to detail,
- versatility, self-starter; hard and conscientious worker.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office