Negotiable (Market related, Negotiable)
Opportunity Available!! Our well known client in the Manufacturing Sector is looking to employ a Process Metallurgist Engineer to join their dynamic team in Middelburg.
- Determines product characteristics based on customer or specification requirements
- Develops process parameters to meet these requirements
- Sets the standards for product realisation (rules, procedures)
- Monitor the product and process for quality and throughput
- Setting up process parameters for new products to be made
- Do disposition decisions on non-conforming product
- Implement business systems to support the above
- Optimise product throughput (quality, yield, volume, cost)
- Training of metallurgical EITs(Engineers in Training) for the business
- Solve technical, system and metallurgical problems arising from the above
- BSc or B Eng. in Metallurgy with minimum of 4/6 years experience
- Knowledge of steel/stainless steel product and/or Smelting/Refining of other materials,
- Working experience in heavy/large manufacturing processes related either to pyro-metallurgy, casting and hot rolling/forming), quality assurance and control, project management.
- Experience with POLC principles and QCDSM.