KwaZulu Natal, Durban
Negotiable (Market related, Negotiable)
Opportunity Available!! Our leading client in the FMCG Sector is looking to employ a Area Sales Channel Manager to join their dynamic team in Durban.
Key Performance Areas:
- The successful candidate will report to the National Channel Manager and primarily be responsible for the management of strategic key private label accounts in the KZN area.
- The job holder will be expected maintain and grow relationships within the region at both a DC, Buyer and store level thereby driving the achievement of sales volumes and pricing targets across the basket of products.
- Interfacing with customer sales agents to ensure that our products are effectively distributed and merchandised to improve forward share and achieve CATMAN execution requirements.
- Provide input and support to sales forecasting and logistical supply chain processes to ensure on time delivery is achieved.
- Compile weekly and monthly feedback reports and price surveys with supporting analysis and interpretation. Attend to product quality issues.
Knowledge and Skills
- The ideal candidate will have a relevant tertiary qualification.
- A minimum of 5 years' retail FMCG sales experience as a senior sales representative or similar level with a successful track record of interaction with retail buyers will be required.
- Key accounting, preferably with exposure to the Retailer Groups and a working knowledge of its operations and fundamental business principles will be advantageous.
- The candidate must be willing to travel within the region.
- Be a highly skilled communicator and negotiator and ensure customer service excellence is executed at all times in a proactive manner.
- The ability to work independently in a self-disciplined manner to deliver operational and administrative sales objectives is a prerequisite.