Overall Skills Required:
- Must come from Mining / Technical / Engineering environment
- Tertiary Degree or Qualification is required
- Trade in Electrical or Auto Electrician will be added bonus
- 10 years experience as a General Manager or Similar
- Experience in Financial Management and Budgeting
- Knowledge of Business Functions (HR, Stores, Field Service, Operations, etc)
- Oversee day-to-day operations, working closely with a team of line managers (i.e. Field Service, IT, Stores, HR, Administration, Finance, Safety, Quality Control, Maintenance, Procurement, Finance etc).
- Ensure that the team of line Managers are organized and functioning well.
- Continuous communication and interaction with the line managers - Mentoring, setting goals and assisting where necessary to achieve their goals (i.e. increase productivity, improve processing protocols, improve quality, improve leadership skills etc.).
- Ensure employees are equipped, empowered, work productively and develop professionally. Identify key staff for training, career and succession planning.
- Work closely with the Department Managers - Analyzing data with a view to improving gaps per department and maximizing outputs to improve overall success.
- Formulate a strategy and set goals for growth working closely with the Exco Team & Manager
- Work closely with the Financial Manager who will prepare & control budgets, track cash flow, optimize expenditure and present budgets to Exco for approval.
- Instill a culture of High Work Ethic and discipline.
- Oversee discipline and dismissal of employees.
- Oversee recruitment and training of new employees.
- Continually evaluate and improve processes and financial performance by scrutinizing performance deliverables and financials.
- Set and comply with the Company Standard Operating Procedures/Policies making sure all line Managers are on board.
- Linking all departments with the sales and the marketing strategy.
- Maximizing efficiency in all Departments.
- Work closely with the Health & Safety Team to ensure that all related regulations are followed.
- Work closely with HR Manager & Labour Law Consultants to ensure that the Basic Conditions of Employment and related legislation are followed.
- Strong computer system knowledge is important to this role.
- Provide practical solutions to problems (i.e. profit decline, employee conflict, field service & stores output etc.).
- Oversee expansion projects which involves dealing directly with various stakeholders, Exco and Associated professionals
- Report directly to the CEO & MD on a Bi weekly / Monthly basis
- Attend committee meetings as and when required.
- Attend Exco / Board Meetings and present detailed Operations Reports at these meetings.
Dante Personnel Johannesburg - Apply via our website www.dantesa.co.zaIf you do not hear from us within 5 days, please accept that your application was unsuccessful
- Proven experience (≥ 10 years’ experience, ≥40years old) as a General Manager or similar Executive role with a Mining / Technical / Engineering orientated background.
- Experience in financial management and budgeting.
- Organizational and leadership skills including goal setting, motivating, training & empowerment.
- Problem solving aptitude and effective conflict resolution skills.
- Strategic thinker and planner.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and high pressure environment.
- A tertiary degree or qualification
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of business functions (Finance, HR, Operations etc.)