OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB:show more...
The primary responsibility of the Operations Manager is to ensure Operational technical and service support is provided to the specific site(s). The professional will create, maintain and ensure adherence to processes to ensure that all client commitments are met with maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
Working closely with Business, the Operations Manager will address any issues related to
ICT governance, Security, Infrastructure, Technical and Operational performance to ensure business needs are met. Recruiting, maintaining and managing a work force of sufficient, appropriately skilled, motivated employees to ensure maximum organizational profitability as well as employee and customer satisfaction.
- Adherence to customer policies, procedures and processes
- Adherence to company internal policies, processes and procedures according to individual job descriptions
- Participate in the evaluation and reviews of the desktop support processes and communicate concerns and recommend process improvements where appropriate to improve performance and productivity
- Ensure effective call management via the applicable call management tool within the contractual service level agreements considering call acceptance, repair times, resolve times, journal entries, on hold and pending call statuses, call priorities and call closures
- Following standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams and management
- Identifying problems and bringing them to the appropriate resolution team’s attention within the communication standards, with sufficient lead time to avert crises
- Incident, problem management and Request fulfilment
- Analyse performance of Help Desk activities and documented resolutions while, identifying problem areas
- Ensure that the identification and resolution of problems are attended to, the quality and services to the customer are carried out timeously and effectively taking ownership of problems until a resolution is achieved.
PROJECTS AND CHANGE MANAGEMENT
- Participate in and support operational projects and refresh programs
- Perform IT Change management-related tasks, administration and attend meetings when required
- Support in testing and deployment of new hardware, solutions, applications and systems
- Improve operating efficiencies and enterprise financial health by acting cost efficiently considering time, material, practises, reworks on change and project timelines and the associated deliverables specified within each job description or scope of work
SERVICE IMPROVEMENT AND CONTINUITY
- Identifying the organisation's needs
- Identify and initiate Infrastructure / IT activities with development teams, vendors and the customer
- Identify gaps in the Corporate Information/Data Model and address them actively in collaboration with the Business Support Teams
- Ensure the Operational resources, such as electricity, buildings, network, facilities, resources etc are available to enable the availability and capacity of the IT Infrastructure environment
FINANCIAL AND BUDGET MANAGEMENT
- Understand the financial position of, and provide input into and manage the following areas:
- Capital (Capex) and Operational (Opex) Financial planning and forecasting
- Manage Operational site related budgets – provide input into the budget setting process and provide regular feedback during the financial year around how the actual achieved metrics are tracking against budget.
- Keep record of and maintain financial metrics and provide reporting
- Ensure Hardware Asset management occur operationally and the traceability of every aspect of hardware assets is evident throughout its lifecycle, to produce the least overall cost of ownership, whilst providing value to Business and IT in the form of reporting and analysis.
- Communication, Innovation and training
- Strong ability to identify and analyse a requirement and design/ implement the best solution
- Analyse and manage future IT Operational and Business needs based on trends
- Oversee development and distribution of Site specific communication, user guides, and FAQ lists for end-users
- High-level problem resolution and impact assessment analysis
- Ability to provide potential solutions to Infrastructure and Services teams related to Operational issues experienced
- Resource management and development
- Recruit and manage a motivated, appropriately skilled and equipped, operationally ready pool of support resources.
FORMAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- National Diploma
- Project management fundamentals
- ITIL Foundation certification
- Project management certification
- Strong understanding of Cobit 2019
- Cisco switches
JOB RELATED SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Have an understanding of technologies and consistently work to improve technical knowledge
- 5 years working experience in the IT Industry
- 3 years working experience as an IT Support Supervisor /
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong reporting skills
- Strong e-mail and telephonic skills
- Good listening skills
- Strong people skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Methodical and strong administration skills
- Ability to deal with senior levels of client personnel
- Strong client service skills, including the ability to deal with all levels of computer literacy
- Obtain and maintain Legal Appointments as per MHSA No.29 0f 1996, where applicable:
o Section 7(4) Regulation 2.6.1 - Site Manager
o Section 7(4) Regulation 2.9.2 - IT Support Supervisor / Operations Manager
- Driver’s License Code: B / EB
- Own Transport
If you do not hear from us within 30 days, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful. Twiga may keep your details for future oportunities.