- Grade 10 / NQF level 2 with exposure to Technology and technical practical work.
- A certificate or Diploma in Vehicle repairs, mechanics or related filed will be an advantage.
- A minimum of one-year experience in a workshop environment and experience in basic truck repairs essential.
Attend to repair and maintenance as assigned.
- Assist with on-road repairs under the supervision of the Service Technician
- Maintain levels of productivity and efficiency as instructed.
- General workshop duties: (examples and not limited to)
- Cleaning the workshop,
- Neatening areas in workshop where space is required,
- Assist with safely moving and washing trucks.
- Attend mandatory Training per E-portal and RMI requirements
Additional general responsibilities as required by the Service Technicians, Workshop Foreman and Branch Service Manager on site.
- Ensure that all tools and equipment is in a safe area before and after usage, and in working order.
Where tools have become damaged, immediately report to Service Technician and /or Workshop Foreman on site.
- Ensure the work area is safe prior to starting work.
- Where areas are unsafe or not in an acceptable working condition, attempt to clean, dry the area
and if more complex, report to Service Technician and/or Workshop Foreman for assistance.
- Regular toolbox inspections, report missing or damaged tools to Supervisor or Foreman
- Ensure all recyclable items (i.e. paper, plastic, glass, or metal items) are disposed of in the correctly
allocated recycle bins or allocated areas
- Ensure all actions are conducted in a neat manner taking into account health, environmental and