ACCOUNTANT - MANUFACTURING
Overall responsible for the day-to-day operations of the administration department and providing management accounts and other reporting, including financial planning and budgeting, reporting and budget variances, cost control and cost analysis Qualifications
Matric (GR12 Certificate)
BCOM (majoring in Accounting and Taxation) OR
Diploma or degree in Accounting Legal requirements:
Possession of a valid code 08/EB drivers license Experience
5 Years’ experience in a similar position.
Intermediate to advance knowledge of MS Excel Knowledge
Intermediate to advance knowledge of MS Excel
Conceptually understands an ERP system and data warehouse functions Review and authorizing payments
Administration of the fixed asset register
- Ensure all invoices are duly authorised and values are substantiated for quantity, price and quality with every payment run.
- Ensure the payment list relates to the invoices and reconciled to the creditor ledger and supplier statement with every payment run.
- Ensure and verify that all documents conform with the agreed criteria and if not refer them back to the Creditors immediately.
- Ensure and verify that the EFT detail corresponds with the payment documents
Administration of VAT
- Ensure that all amounts per category balances to control account on CDNXL for cost and depreciation at every month end (5th working day of every month)
- Ensure and verify that assets are listed in the correct category and at the right cost with the correct depreciation at every month end (5th working day of every month)
- Ensure that the depreciation rates are confirmed annually with group accounting principles and Wear & Tear tax allowances
- Ensure that all assets are checked at least once a year for existence and location
- Ensure all information regarding assets are kept up to date and filed always or when and if any change occurs.
- Ensure that a summary of asset movement with supporting documents are updates and drafted monthly.
- Ensure that reports on Fixed assets and Assets - in- Progress are drafted and reported at every month end (5th working day of every month)
Administration of Corporate Income Tax
- Ensure that the VAT function as agreed of the Bookkeeper is supervised and reviewed on a monthly basis.
- Ensure that periodic Vat returns are reviewed before submission
Administrate Monthly Financial Statements
- Ensure the company’s income tax liability is calculated monthly and captured in the accounting records.
- Ensure the deferred tax position is calculated and captured in the accounting records periodically.
- Ensure Provisional tax returns are completed and submitted on time with relevant payments as stipulated.
- Ensure the annual corporate income tax return is completed and submitted on time as stipulated.
- Ensure that all filling of documents are up to date and correct in terms of SARS auditing requirements
- Act as primary contact person to SARS for Income Tax issues.
- Ensure the tax assessments are checked with the tax calculation and the necessary payment is done on time or refunds are followed up with SARS.
Monthly Financial reports
- Draft a calendar at the beginning of every month of the month-end activities and deadlines and ensure all relevant parties are made aware of the timeframes for reporting.
- Ensure to check compliance to the calendar and identify deviations in order too address the concerns before submission date.
- Ensure provisions and accruals are made for current expenses not yet invoiced (in conjunction with the Bookkeeper) with every payment run.
- Ensure Prepaid expenses are being amortised over the relevant period (Which period)(in conjunction with the Bookkeeper).
- Ensure Inter group accounts are reconciled at month-end and queries are resolved with every payment run.
- Ensure (What) schedules are drafted (in conjunction with the Bookkeeper) for control accounts and the schedules balance to the relevant General Ledger account every payment run.
- Verify Bank reconciliations to ensure that it is signed-off and filed for each payment run.
- Ensure every Transactions comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Practice and company accounting principles
Year end Financial Administration
- Ensure internal management reports are drafted to be relevant to the leader’s specific information need (when)
- Ensure all reports indicate results against budget and prior year figures at every month end (5th working day of every month).
- Ensure variances are analysed and explanations noted with every payment run
- Develop and maintain an efficient information processing system, to ensure that analysis and statistics are relevant to other areas in need of information, for example budget, Govt Dept of Stats, Insurers, Banks etc
Administration of financial procedures and internal control
- Arrange the year-end stock count internally and communicate this with auditors.
- Incorporate year-end requirements into the monthly calendar prior to distribution.
- Prepare year-end reporting pack for Head Office
- Arrange with auditors their audit time frame and inform relevant parties accordingly.
- Draft required schedules for the annual audit and assist auditors with their process.
- While performing reviews and analysis, identify areas of control weakness, transgressions to existing control measures and inefficiency in existing procedures and work methods on monthly basis.
- Ensure that the observations and findings are brought to the attention of the Financial Manager when occur.
- Participate with management to draft procedures and control measures as and when needed.
financial statements|fixed assets|payments|tax|vat