Open position : Faculty Law Manager
Location : Port Elizabeth
Salary : Market related
Type : Permanent position
Reporting to : Head of AcademicJob requirements :
- Minimum of 5 years Teaching and Learning experience (preferably in teaching environment).
- Must have an understanding of the current regulatory framework and its impact on higher education and private colleges.
- Masters or equivalent in relevant School (NQF Level 9) in Law.
- Must be an admitted attorney or advocate of the high court.
- Leadership and management skills
- Professional/advanced communication skills
- Organisational and planning skills
- Proven computer literacy competence
- Tolerance for operating in a pressurised environment and industry
- Tangible evidence of participation in the planning and/or implementation of change management interventions
- Ability to analyse and interpret data
- Attention to detail and focus on quality
- Advanced teaching and learning expertise evidenced by a Teaching Portfolio
Academic Leadership, Management & Campus Support
- Overall leadership and management of the School on campus.
- Manage the interface with the Head of School.
- Plan resource allocation for the academic operations of all programmes within the School on campus.
- Review academic results of all students within the School on campus and implement an appropriate teaching and learning strategy for "At risk" students and "At risk" modules.
- Manage academic counselling and support to students within the school on campus.
- Report on the academic performance of the School on the campus to Head: Academic, Campus Head and Head of School, and any other relevant national staff member.
- Drive the implementation of relevant teaching and learning initiatives within the School on campus.
- Support the development of new programmes for accreditation.
- Support development of academic material and assessments on programmes within the School by acting as developer, module leader, moderator or head of programme for the Central Academic Team (CAT).
- Performance management and development of permanent academic staff within the School on campus.
- Manage lecturer development in consultation with the Teaching and Learning specialist.
- Ensure representation of the school on the Programme Co-ordination Committee (PCC) calls.
- Discipline Module Support role.
- Support the Teaching & Learning Specialist in the management of the peer review process and the internal moderation model.
- Provide specialist support to the campus senior management team for all programmes within the School.
- Provide specialist support to the campus operations team responsible for the operation of all programmes within the School on campus.
- Lead the recruitment, selection, and appointment of the academic team of the School within the campus.
- Provide support to the campus marketing team with specialised knowledge of the programmes with the School.
- Manage the Development Task.
- Manage plagiarism offences and disciplinary procedures.
- Manage and oversee the school's role in National/campus initiatives, such as Summer School, Saturday School, Speed Week, RESTART, 6 Week Student Engagement Programme, Numeracy Tutorial Sessions, Elevate.
- Involvement in, and management of, academic support and administrative duties during the campus registration period.
- Supervision of students on Honours programmes (where applicable).
- Manage the student tracking process.
- Conduct Student consultations.
Industry, Professional Management & Building Partnerships
- Develop and maintain relationships with professional industry to support placement of students, bursaries and sponsorships and access to professional expertise.
- Facilitation of and involvement in professional and scholarly activities e.g. Conference Papers and Higher Degree Studies.
- Organise campus events for the School to promote professional industry relationships.
- Lecture up to 100 hours OR 2 modules per semester (including supervision). If engaged in approved formal research activity then you will be required to lecture 1 module per semester.
Should you meet the above job requirements, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please add "Faculty Law Manager" into the subject line of your email.
No reply after 2 weeks indicates that you have been unsuccessful.