Open position : Buyer
Location : Port Elizabeth
Type : Permanent position
Salary : Market related
Reporting to : Supply Chain Manager
Strictly EE / AA position
Job requirements :
* National Senior Certificate (with Maths/Accounting as subjects)
* Relevant commercial tertiary qualification in Purchasing/Supply Chain
* At least 2 years purchasing experience
* At least 1 year stores experience
* Excellent grasp of the English language (speak/read and write) is required.
* Have at least 3 years Inventory management experience.
* People management experience
* Excellent communication skills
* Good negotiation skills
* Ability to use Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel and Syspro will be highly advantageous.
- Implementation and maintenance of the Procurement Process through SYSPRO.
- Strict adherence to all internal controls and standardised procurement/plant policies and procedures.
- Expedite overdue supplier purchase orders, ensuring prompt, complete delivery of orders.
- Inspect emergency order book in stores at least once a week and review usage.
- Capture CAPEX requisitions on SYSPRO.
- Negotiate best possible prices as well as best quality and favourable terms with various suppliers.
- Meet / exceed monthly savings targets set as part of KPI
- Contract and supplier take on – based on negotiated contracts.
- Monitoring the adherence to group contracts.
- Always implement Group Suppliers UNLESS quality/cost issues (must be approved by divisional sourcing Manager)
Reporting and document control
- Monthly reporting feedback on progress on cost saving initiatives.
- Constant communication with operations and suppliers to ensure operational efficiencies.
- Documenting, implementing, and maintaining best operating practices
- Perform SPA meetings with suppliers and HODs and update supplier trend analysis (ISO9001:2015 quality management system).
- Provide divisional sourcing manager with proof of savings
- Perform SLA meetings with suppliers and HODs.
- Management of overdue purchase orders and supplier payment queries.
- Replenish SYSPRO stock levels and direct orders in terms of MRP system.
- Zero overdue purchase orders and supplier queries
- Investigate and resolve supplier account queries, which result in non-payment of suppliers.
- Conduct meetings on open overdue purchase orders / GRNI report / creditor queries with staff 2x monthly.
- Prompt resolution of queries.
- Manage engineering & consumable stores employee/s and ensure adherence to racking, stacking and packing guidelines - in accordance with OSHACT, 5S and risk guidelines, safe work procedures and ASIB.
- Ensure all financial and ISO internal controls are adhered to at all times.
- Code of Conduct adherence
- Ad-hoc related requests from Commercial Manager and General Manager.
- Attend monthly stock counts.
- Raise non-conformances against delinquent departments.
- Carry out monthly housekeeping audits.
- Adhere to safe work procedures.
Carry out internal audits as required by the SHEQ department
Should you meet the above job requirements please email your CV to email@example.com
Please add “Buyer” to the subject line of your email.
No reply after 2 weeks indicates that you have been unsuccessful.