Have you previously worked at Cape Town airport as a general assistant?
Do you live within a 10km radius to the Cape Town airport?
Are you active and full of energy?
Do you have a divers/forklift license?
Are you comfortable working both day shift and nightshift?
Are you comfortable working on weekends?
Are you happy to work a 12-month contract only? If you have answered YES to the above questions, then we would like to possibly meet you! PLEASE ESNURE YOU MEET ALL THE REQUIREMENTS BELOW prior to applying. Requirements:
Matric + at least 1 years working experience
Valid South African drivers’ licence OR Forklift licence will be an advantage
Medically fit and prepared to undergo a full medical
Must live within a 10km radius of Cape Town airport
Must be of sober habits
Must be a strong communicator
Must have a clear criminal record as this will be checked.
Must be willing to work on a roster basis for both dayshift and nightshift and further willing to work weekends.
Must be honest and reliable with a “CAN DO” attitude Overview of position:
General Assistants and Driver duties
- Follow instruction provided by ACSA trolley Charge hand and Supervisor.
- Conduct general tasks across the airport such as moving terminal furniture, etc.
- Service trolley areas by pushing trolleys to the dedicated service area.
- Report on trolley stock levels and counting of trolleys as required.
- Indicate the unserviceable equipment to relevant stakeholders.
- Day to day deployment of equipment.
- Safeguarding of assets.
- Adhere to relevant statutory/legislative regulations, SOP’s, operational standards, policies, and practices.
- Engage and assist customers when required.
- Drivers/Forklift drivers – To pull trolleys to the service area as per the ACSA’s SOPs.