- Ensure delivery of good quality products per Customer requirements to the Customer.
- Ensuring shift Targets are met with accordance to the planning schedule & housekeeping maintained.
- Making sure all Pallets are Labelled correctly and all Scrap is identified.
- Making sure all reworks are done and that all non-conforming products are booked.
- Monitoring and analysing the current system of production to check it’s effectiveness.
- Control the logistics of the department by ensuring operators have necessary resources.
- Develop employee training plan and update training records according to company Training Plan.
- Ensure adherence to company quality standards, policies and regulations.
- Drive First Time Pass Rate improvements and communicate with other department Leaders.
- Manage all Internal performance monitoring systems (OEE,SCADA).
- Ensuring that all daily counts are completed.
- Tertiary Engineering Qualification (Mechanical/Electrical Trade Certificate and/or ND Mechanical/Electrical)
- Tertiary qualification in the Production, Quality or Operations Management field will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years' of supervising a team involved in the Quality process of automotive components.
- Technical knowledge of the Paint application quality assurance process.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Machine Programming (PLCs and robotics)
- Maintenance of PLCs and robots
- Installations and automation
Formal qualification in Engineering (National Diploma min.)
Min. 5 years' experience working in a similar position within the automotive industry
Sound knowledge of PLCs and programming
- Matric Grade 12 (preferably Maths/Maths Literacy and Technical subject) - mandatory
- Minimum height 1.7m (mandatory operational requirements)
- Excellent health and physically fit for duty
- CNC Machine Control experience, minimum 3 years'
- Computer experience and knowledge