- Valid Reach Truck and Forklift License
- Experience driving in a factory environment
- Clear criminal record
- Contactable references
Education: The Senior Training and Development Manager must have a bachelor’s degree in Training & Development, Psychology, Education, Human Resources, Business, or any other related field. An equivalent of the same in working experience is also acceptable for the position.
Key Performance Areas: The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining and developing existing market share and opening up new sales avenues within the region in order to achieve sales targets. The position requires the job holder to maintain a high level of in-store presence across the entire spectrum of the. wholesale channels with the objective of developing meaningful customer relationships. In addition, the job holder will be expected to effectively manage trade returns, credit notes and customer complaints in a cost effective and efficient manner.
Knowledge and Skills: The minimum requirements for this position is a matric certificate, a self-disciplined individual with wholesale experience within Western Cape, a minimum of 3 years related sales experience in the FMCG market including the ability to negotiate at store level. The position will require extensive travel within the region and a code 08 driver's license is a prerequisite.
Key Performance Areas: The successful candidate will report to the Process Engineering Manager and will primarily be responsible for ensuring the reliability and sustainability of the control systems within all manufacturing departments of the company and ensure that these systems meet production demands in a cost effective and efficient manner. In addition, the jobholder will be responsible for optimizing functionality of processes to reduce process losses and improve overall efficiency. The candidate will participate in projects and continuous improvement and will be responsible for the development of subordinates within the department. The candidate will also be responsible for the development of production and process performance reports.
Knowledge and Skills: This position will require a qualified electrical/electronics engineer, preferably B-Tech or higher. The successful candidate should have 5-10 years relevant experience in an automated manufacturing environment preferably in the sterile packaging of liquid beverages, with in-depth exposure to Allen Bradley PLC's, Aveva System Platform, InTouch, InSQL, Veeam, VMware, Allen Bradley Stratix Switches and dairy
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS: The incumbent will establish and maintain good relations with suppliers, ensure all purchased supplies meet the quality and quantity requirements. He/she will also hold the responsibility to ensure all deliveries are timely and are at the best possible price. The successful candidate will review supplier base and evaluate the performance of the suppliers. Amongst other duties the incumbent will be expected to support supplier BEE and enterprise development in line with business strategy and drive working capital improvement strategies.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS: The successful candidate will have a financial degree or relevant qualification. A purchasing management qualification will be advantageous. 2 to 3 years previous experience in a buying capacity ideally in FMCG manufacturing. This position will suit a person with strong administrative and numerical skills, coupled with excellent negotiation skills. Possess excellent people skills and good verbal and written communication skills. The successful candidate must be able to evaluate complex quotations and perform under pressure. The preferred candidate will have a high level of competency in computer programs including MS Office and Navision. The person must have a valid driver’s licence and own transport.
Other General Duties:
Supervisor Specific Duties:
Main Purpose of The Position
Key Performance Areas: The successful candidate will report to the Process Specialist and will be accountable for both preventative and breakdown maintenance. The candidate will assist with projects and continuous improvement.
Knowledge and Skills: The successful candidate will be a qualified Electrician/ Millwright or Instrumentation Technician with sound knowledge of PLC's and SCADA systems. Allen Bradley and Wonderware experience will be advantageous. A 2-3 years previous maintenance experience, ideally in a food and beverages environment, along with a strong desire and capability to empower people. While the job holder will be working in a highly automated environment the position will require an individual with sound knowledge of instrumentation and strong mechanical abilities. You will be required to work shift and will be required to be on standby duty and work overtime when required.
The successful candidate will report to the Packaging Engineer and will primarily be responsible for establishing and maintaining all maintenance planning standards, procedures, and policies. Maintain an accurate and comprehensive digital asset register on the CMMS (Computerised Maintenance Management System). Optimise scheduled work based on historical data and evaluate completed work order data capturing activities on the CMMS. Work closely with the engineering department specialists and maintenance store personnel to maximise equipment availability.
Knowledge and Skills: This position will require a NQF level 5 in Maintenance Planning or an equivalent thereof. The successful candidate must have proven experience in maintenance planning with a minimum of 10 years’ experience as a maintenance planner. Sound knowledge of maintenance and maintenance planning practices, policies, and procedures. The successful candidate must have strong organisational and analytical skills, excellent communication skills (written and verbal), a valid drivers’ licence and have their own reliable transport.
Qualifications & Experience
The successful candidate will be working closely with both the Production and Supply Chain Department. This role will be reporting to the Supply Chain Department.
The current scope of work is as follows:
Skills and Abilities
The SAP (PP) knowledge is as follows:
The Job Requirements:
Deep knowledge and experience in software design, platform design and application operations.
Very good knowledge in recent IT base technology and trends (Docker, Ansible, ElasticSearch, Kafka, MQTT brokers, REST APIs)
Experience with test automation and CI/CD build/deploy pipelines
Experience with Server to Server and Client to Server communication interfaces (REST, MQ, MQTT, Kafka)
Experience working in a DevOps team following agile methodologies and guidelines
Administration/Configuration/Management of Web- and Application Servers
Pioneering spirit in dealing with new technologies and abstraction
Enhancement of and integration in the overall end-to-end CI/CD process chain, bringing the platform to the "true North Star" level.
Packaging, Distribution, Operations and maintenance of key components within the MO IoT Platform, such as:
IBM MessageSight MQTT Broker
Supporting the overall DevOps process chain with test automation (in Junit, Jmeter, …), configuration and deployment management (Jenkins/Bamboo, Ansible).
Participate in cluster preparation and migration for ElasticSearch /Opensearch to Kubernetes environment.
Participate in team discussions and provide input regarding strategic team decisions.
Monitor, maintain, and enhance our ElasticSearch instances in 10+ locations.
Collaborate and work with colleagues in different time zones.
Marketing and Sales:
Admin and Cash:
Management of Staff:
Security / Risk:
Duties include but not limited to:
- Machine Programming (PLCs and robotics)
- Maintenance of PLCs and robots
- Installations and automation
Formal qualification in Engineering (National Diploma min.)
Min. 5 years' experience working in a similar position within the automotive industry
Sound knowledge of PLCs and programming
- Matric Grade 12 (preferably Maths/Maths Literacy and Technical subject) - mandatory
- Minimum height 1.7m (mandatory operational requirements)
- Excellent health and physically fit for duty
- CNC Machine Control experience, minimum 3 years'
- Computer experience and knowledge
- A trade certificate as Diesel Mechanic, as well as a welding qualification is required.
- 5 Years’ working experience in managing a fully operational workshop is essential, including 3 years practical experience in fault finding and problem solving.
- Significant knowledge of hydraulics (Bell Versalift, TLB, Skidsteers, Tractors, Trucks, Trailers and bakkies) is also required.
- Achieve budgeted costs pertaining to maintenance of machines and vehicles;
- Manage contractors within budget and meeting set requirements;
- Maintain and manage documented preventative maintenance program for all vehicles;
- Responsible for all actions and response relating to stuck vehicles, accidents and other unforeseen transport related issues when needed;
- Achieve and maintain a Heatco score of above 5 on all facilities;
- Interaction with all suppliers relating to outsourced yellow metal requirements;
- Drive the focus of direct reports, ensuring the ultimate achievement of goals and objectives and holding individuals accountable for their KPI’s.
Supply Chain Function:
· Manage the receiving and dispatching of all products from suppliers and maintain relating documents.
· Ordering of chemicals and related products from supplier base.
· Stock control and Forecasting
· Month end Stock counts, balancing.
· Reporting on stock that is close to expiry and on slow moving stock.
· Generating Purchase orders, Goods received notes, purchase notes, quotations.
· Handling of supplier queries should they arise with your transaction.
· Follow up of Back Orders and communication with client and sales force as to status.
· Ensure that sufficient stock is available in the various warehouse.
· Manage incoming calls from suppliers.
· Manage basic office requirements. (procuring stationary, cleaning items, office equipment.)
· Plan customer deliveries in line with route plan.
· Manage the picking of stock and manage the load and dispatch process in line with customer, specific requirements.
· Manage the routes and logistics to ensure on time and in full deliveries to clients and minimum cost to Company.
· Manage daily trip sheet.
· Report on all the above daily to head office to ensure robust operations.
· Manage data / information at warehouse as per Company Policy.
· Flag any risks/liability to Company.
· Responsible for administering the Company quality program in accordance with customer and Company requirements.
· Determine, establish and enforce, through all operational departments, quality and safety requirements in accordance with Company needs, based on current regulatory guidelines.
· Assist with various administrative tasks to complete WIP product labels, product information and all other quality management templates for the Product Portfolio.
· Assist with arranging of tests on various products.
· Manage database in support of the product portfolio.
Customer Service Functions:
· Direct liaison between the sales force, customers, and company supply chain to fill all internal and external customer orders.
· Receiving, processing and distribution of all customer orders placed.
· Generating customer quotes, sales orders, tax invoices and credit notes.
· Handling of customer queries should they arise with your transaction.
· Follow up of Back Orders and communication with client and sales force as to Status.
· Maintain effective working relationships with sales force to jointly satisfy customer demands.
· Provide regular feedback to clients and sales force regarding order fulfilment status.
· Manage incoming calls from customers.
· Assure all complaints are recorded properly and are closed out upon resolution with the customer.
· Maintaining a delivery note register for all manual orders.
Experience and Qualifications
· Grade 12 or equivalent.
· 2 years relevant experience within a Supply Chain / Logistics and Warehouse Management environment.
· Tertiary qualification not essential but will be advantageous.
· Experience within a Chemical environment would be advantageous.
· Strong Freight and Logistics experience would be advantageous.
· Fluent in Afrikaans and English (Read, Write and Verbal).
· Honest, healthy, and reliable.
· Pastel V11 would be essential.
· Syspro experience would be advantageous.
· Intermediate knowledge in MS Office (Excel, Word and Powerpoint)
· Basic Accounting Principles would be advantageous.
- Install, repair and maintain all equipment and facilities
- Analyse mechanical, electrical and operational problems on assigned equipment and make necessary corrections and running adjustments to maintain maximum production and quality
- Try out equipment after repairs, changeovers or extended downtime
- Record operational data, such as pressure readings, length of stroke, feeds and speeds for use in set-up and preventive maintenance records
- Review production schedule and, when equipment is not scheduled for production, perform scheduled maintenance
- Participate in Production System Efficiency and Quality System Efficiency workshops to support continuous improvement: propose and implement continuous productivity, process and quality improvement actions for all facilities
- Facilitate equipment moves on the shop floor
- Give advice on technical specifications of new equipment and alterations on existing equipment and facilities, making sure manufacturing, maintainability and Health, Safety & Environmental requirements are met
- Set up requisitions for supplies, equipment and facilities
- Participate in the management of the inventory of spare parts and consumables to eliminate downtime
- Keep maintenance documentation up to date
- Perform root cause analysis on equipment breakdowns
- National Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- At least 5 years maintenance/engineering experience within a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- National Diploma/Degree in Supply Chain Management or equivalent
- Experienced professional with 5 – 10 years’ experience in managing material procurement and logistics in a similar environment
- Excellent SAP knowledge as it pertains to the Supply Chain function
- Excellent computer literacy in MS Office
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle stress
- Attention to detail and analytical ability
- Review processes, procedures, inventories and obsolescence to ensure inventory control systems are optomised and obsolescence is minimised
- Review stock levels of purchased parts
- Manage placement of orders with suppliers to cover production requirements of direct materials in line with approved inventory levels
- Demand and order management of all intercompany assembly and component demands
- Manage outbound and inbound international transport and associated Customs & Excise administration
- Manage Purchased Part Pricing in line with Transfer Pricing Rules
- Lead the Material Procurement & Logistics team in accordance with established company policies and procedures
Extruder Component Development and Maintenance: Coordinate the development and implementation of New Extruder Components
▪ Manage the use of the Die Development system (CEMSET).
▪ Industrialise Extruder Components as per Quality Procedures.
▪ Implementation of component and process Specifications related to Extruder components.
▪ Coordinate the maintenance of existing Extruder Components to ensure that all components conform to design specification.
Maintenance of Extruder Die and Preform Tooling: Develop a Maintenance Plan for Extruder Die and Preform Tooling
▪ Coordinate the Maintenance Plan to make sure it is adhered to.
Die Shop Administration: Manage tooling requirements for Die shop (replacement of CNC cutters, tooling, fluids, cleaning program)
▪ Obtain quotes for materials and tooling
▪ Placement of orders and monitoring of deliveries.
Die Shop Management: Daily and Weekly planning of Die development
▪ Coordinating Die Manufacturing process and ensure Die plates and Pre-Dies are available on time
▪ Managing performance of Die Technicians
▪ Time and attendance of Die Technicians.
Reports and Documentation: Update circulate Daily performance KPI's relevant to Die Manufacturing process
▪ Daily update of Industrialisation documentation for new and modified extruded components.
▪ Daily update of Die Development database
▪ Develop and maintain procedures and work instruction for the Die Manufacturing Process and Die Shop activities.
ESH: Ensures safety of personnel and equipment through compliance with the companies environmental, safety and health procedures. Comply with OSH Act and Regulations. Issue procedures and work instructions ensure implementation of measures and maintain controls. Raise awareness, ensure regular ESH training and provide information about ESH responsibilities and duties. Ensure immediate notification and response and initiate preventive measures in case of unsafe or polluting hazards. Demonstrate exemplary personal behaviour in ESH and motivate others.
Qualified Mechanical Technician or Trade in Tool Making, Toolmaker
3 Years experience in Extruder Component Development,
2 years management of a small group of employees
3 years experience in Tyre Manufacturing Environment,
- Co-ordinate the development of new business with Product Development in accordance with customer requirements.
- Read drawings and compile Bills of material together with Product Development.
- Ensure that customer requirements are met e.g. provide official quotations, samples etc.
- Receive and priorities customer requirements – liaise with relevant departments.
- Management to arrange deadlines, quality standards, production planning (MPS), build priorities.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned by Management from time to time.
- Engineering diploma or relevant qualification
- Three years related experience in the automotive manufacturing field
- Good communication, negotiation, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail essential
- Ability to operate under pressure and frequent change
- Ability to interact with personnel at all levels