- Preparation and timely submission of monthly Vat returns via e-filing by the 25th of each month:
o for clients under management
o Reconciliation of the vat clearing account
o Follow up on outstanding refunds
o Providing and uploading of documentation and information
requested when SARS audits are conducted
Processing of tenant deposit refunds and appropriations.
Calculation of collection commission per the rent roll.
Ensuring that the Debtors Clearing account is reconciled and cleared on a regular basis.
Update and distribute the monthly cut-off schedule.General
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES ESSENTIAL TO THE POSITION
- Preparation of monthly and adhoc journals as required Preparation of monthly financial packs for all clients and balance cash flow documents and supporting schedules.
- Prepare year -end packs for submission to external auditors
- Liaising with external Auditors during the audit and providing supporting documentation and assistance with audit queries
- Submission and payment of income tax
- Ensuring all audit adjustments are processed and in line with financial statements
- Ensuring year ends are run once audits are finalised
- Ensuring that signed Financials have been received and are retained on file
- All responsibilities associated with being a cheque signatory.
- Review the ledgers and identify monthly accruals.
- Assist in ensuring that controls and procedures are adhered to and identify control weaknesses that may require additional controls to be implemented.
- Provision of accounting and administrative assistance as and when required.
- Assist property managers with finance related issues relating to the property portfolio under management.
- Discuss monthly accruals with property managers and ensure that the necessary amendments are done to accurately reflect the financial status of the buildings.
- Timeously prepare preliminary financial statements and advise property managers when ready
- Review preliminary financial statements per building and assess holistically whether recurring entries has been captured.
The ability to identify opportunities to earn fees while adding value to the client
Computer skills - Proficient in the full MS Office suite
General - Ability to assist with the preparation of a budget and manage invoicing