Essential: Grade 12 – Matric or a Senior Certificate and qualification
or certificated training courses in QHSE. Degree or Diploma in
Safety Management/ Environmental Health or any related fieldMinimum years of experience:
Minimum of 3 years’ experience
of working in Logistics or similar Operational Environment with safety and quality standards.
Advantage: Previous experience in an Occupational Health and Safety or Facility management roleRequired:
MIE, clear criminal and credit records
Driver’s license and own reliable transport.
Technical skills required: (e.g. computer skills, ability to use specific equipment)
Essential: Computer Skills – Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Language skills required: (e.g. good English reading and writing skills, language certificates with a required minimum score, etc.)
Essential: English – Read, write and speak well.
Advantage: 2nd Additional language.Working conditions:
(travel, work space, etc.)
Work is mostly done in a warehouse and outdoors setting where one will be exposed to dust, odours, varied temperatures and weather conditions.
Occasional overtime and be on standby most of the time when off duty. Function and DutiesFacilities Management:
nitiate planned maintenance for a variety of office and warehouse equipment and infrastructure.
OHS & Facility Audits:
- Oversee the coordination of building space allocation and layout, communication services and facility expansion.
- Manage preventative maintenance of facility equipment, including infrastructure.
- Manage refurbishment for several client amenities.
- Manage communication between service providers and relevant employees.
- Manage relevant contracts between the client and external service providers ensuring all contracts are legal and binding.
- Ensure on-going and proactive management of all facility management contractors, focusing on service quality, performance control,
- Ordering and invoicing controls as well as contractor assessments and development.
- Schedule and implement project activities to ensure and promote the effectiveness of projects.
Physically test /inspect OHS and Facility equipment, reporting on the condition of said equipment, completing audit documentation for accurate assessing and filing and ensuring the rectification of any issues with equipment detected while carrying out the necessary inspection.
- Inspect any construction and installation processes and action according to industry best practice.
- Safeguard a plan for emergency preparedness to protect both the physical facility and personnel.
- Perform testing on generators and other power supplies on a regular basis in order to ensure that the company will be fully functional in the event of a power interruption.
- Conduct preventative maintenance as per client standard operating procedures.
- Develop and rollout a fire prevention program containing evacuation procedures.
- Ensure that fire equipment is serviced annually as per clients standard operating procedures and industry standards
- Ensure that no inferior or illegal equipment are being used and ensure all contracted installers are qualified in their trade before making use of their services.
- Attend to failure of relevant equipment which may cause a disruption in trading, without delay
Health and Safety & Training:
- Provide input to budgets and cost estimations according to scheduled facility modifications.
- Provide input into cost effectiveness on various relevant projects to improve and minimise expenditure.
- Identify and evaluate cost saving and synergy potential within the region.
- Ensure monthly follow up and reporting of cost and variances to the budget, to Management.
Fire Fighting and Incident investigation.
- Compile operational standards concerning safety measures and requirements for the client.
- Conduct on-going environmental, health and safety assessments on the site.
- Assist with incident/ accident investigation and write accurate reports on these.
- Maintain client's Occupational Health and Safety file on the Intranet.
- Advise employees on relevant health and safety rules and regulations.
- Compile and present in-house as well as external workshops related to Occupational Health Safety Representative responsibilities,
- Design and implement procedures and guidelines for Lock-out, Tag-out, Hot Work Permits, and general driver safety awareness.
- Conduct health and safety as well as career coaching programs for relevant employees
Facility Administration & Reporting:
- Ensure professional service delivery to all internal clients, while supporting core business processes as well as site and facility optimisation.
- Ensure all concerns and complaints are resolved in an acceptable and timeous manner.
- Liaise with managers in the warehouses to plan and assist with the securing of the site operations and property as changes are introduced.
- Provide accurate and relevant feedback to all client stakeholders when needed.
- Plan and implement operational policies and procedures as per client needs.
- Ensure that the facility operates efficiently by overseeing both the employees and the equipment on a daily basis.
- Report on facility related matters including but not limited to building data, cost, maintenance and repair, user satisfaction and quality of service.
- Request and obtain approval on quotes from the Distribution Centre Manager or Operations Director.
- Manage the receiving function of maintenance material delivered as per client standard operating procedures.
- Ensure the facility meets government regulations and environmental, health and safety standards.
- Ensure all compliance directives - work closely with other departments to ensure compliance to all relevant quality, health and safety,
- Environmental and information protection guidelines.
- Challenge status quo requirements and align the facilities service, process and cost structures to industry standards.
- Monitor usage of supplies and equipment for the facility and act accordingly.
- Manage and integrate the activities of all operational systems within the facility for optimal effectiveness.
- Ensure plans are in place to maintain a variety of systems and functions within the facility
- Find new ways of managing the facility to reduce cost and improve efficiency, productivity and safety.
- Report to the Distribution Centre Manager or Operations Director, on a regular basis regarding facility activities
- Responsible for the management of the Facility Management team, including performance management and oversight of day-to-day task.
- Manage facility employees on a daily basis as per client standards.
- Supervise maintenance teams, grounds workers and casual workers.
- Conduct performance reviews as per client policies and procedures.
- Ensure that OHS training is planned and provided as required.
- Adhere to client Policies and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Adhere to Health and Safety rules and regulations.