Key asks and Responsibilities:
Provide a full range of administrative support to HR Manager and HR officer.
Payroll administration support (including overtime etc.).
Support on-boarding process and terminations in a timely manner.
Administer any training requests.
Process expenses and other administration.
Leave and absenteeism administration, capturing on HR system.
Keep track of absenteeism and leave trends, of all entities. Manage the leave system.
Ensure training records are maintained and updated. ATR, WSP, EE.
Employee database and personnel records are updated accurately at all times.
Ensure disciplinary records are updated per employee.
Collate month end report information on headcount, leave management.
- Assist with updating of org chart as and when there are changes made. Provide information if centrally updated (KZN).
- General HR duties when required.
Projects, ‘Add Value’ Initiatives and Ad Hoc Items
- Come up with ideas to improve current HR working practices, once the above have been mastered i.e. you have your administrative house in order.
- Identify key ‘add-value’ projects to work on that will help the business. Own them and deliver in a timely manner.
- Always ensure each project has the operational business’s best interests at heart at all time. Keep the organisations flat and nimble not bogged down with more paperwork!
- Advance any training requests with HR Manager to learn more about HR practices.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Graduate or equivalent with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience in a HR Department.
- Solid understanding of good HR practices in a similar / growing forever changing and dynamic organisation.
- Industry is less important, more important is the similarity of company culture (see above). Smaller nimble and lean operation.
- Strong Administrator
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
- High standard of excel and data manipulation.